Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   AK vs 2 villains. First one donks, then the other, wtf? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=510134)

Wolfram 09-26-2007 07:31 PM

AK vs 2 villains. First one donks, then the other, wtf?

BB is 56/12/0.72 after 25 hands. No read on UTG.

Raise or call turn?

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero???

JSmith2007 09-26-2007 07:34 PM

Re: AK vs 2 villains. First one donks, then the other, wtf?

I'm going to call. He has a pretty wide range right now being 56/12, I don't think it's enough of a read to raise him here. If there's no paint or heart on the river, and he bets, I would raise there. Let's try and see the river card to see what/if anything it completes.

Randal Graves 09-26-2007 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to call. He has a pretty wide range right now being 56/12, I don't think it's enough of a read to raise him here. If there's no paint or heart on the river, and he bets, I would raise there. Let's try and see the river card to see what/if anything it completes.

[/ QUOTE ]
If he had a draw, wouldn't you rather have raised him on the turn? If he has a busted flushdraw he won't pay off anyway, but draws will call on the turn, so his calling range for a raise is far larger than the one to a riverraise (if he even bets).

I think you are still a pretty good favourite to his vast range here, that makes this an easy raise.

I see raising the flop is also a good option IMO.

JSmith2007 09-26-2007 08:00 PM

I agree with you Randal, but I think AQ/AT are very possible hands which have him beat right now. Perhaps I am putting him on too big of a hand than I should, which I'll be first to admit is sometimes a flaw of mine, but I'm not too sure if raising the turn is always the best option. I suppose most of the time, but not always.

For that 1BB, if he 3-bets, you'd have to fold losing your bet anyway. If you call, you have the opportunity to get more value on the river as it wouldn't show the strength of AK by not raising the turn. He'd be alot more likely to call a river raise with KQ, KT, KJ, QJ, etc. if you didn't raise the turn as if you did and he doesn't 3-bet.

Now I'll prolly get yelled at for my ramblements lol

Wolfram 09-26-2007 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For that 1BB, if he 3-bets, you'd have to fold losing your bet anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nobody is folding to a turn 3bet with a gutshot and probably 3-5 more outs.

ILOVEPOKER929 09-26-2007 08:28 PM

Call down, your hand isnt that strong.

VelarStop 09-26-2007 08:34 PM

I don't think you guys fully appreciate how wide a range 56% is. Stove it and you'll see:
Axs, Kxs, Qxs, J3s+, T4s+, 95s+, 85s+, 75s+, 65s+, Axo, K4o+, Q6o+, J7o+, 22+.

With the size of his range that Ax hands represent I think giving him credit for 2p is absurd, and NOT raising here would be losing value. It may be close, but I think this is a definite raise.

milesdyson 09-26-2007 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you guys fully appreciate how wide a range 56% is. Stove it and you'll see:
Axs, Kxs, Qxs, J3s+, T4s+, 95s+, 85s+, 75s+, 65s+, Axo, K4o+, Q6o+, J7o+, 22+.

With the size of his range that Ax hands represent I think giving him credit for 2p is absurd, and NOT raising here would be losing value. It may be close, but I think this is a definite raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
agree 100% especially since you can't discount hands like K4o here whatsoever.

VelarStop 09-26-2007 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

agree 100% especially since you can't discount hands like K4o here whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume this is sarcasm, but would like to point out that at these limits you will consistently see villains like this one peel the flop w/a lot of Ax hands here, then donk when it hits thinking they've outdrawn your TP.

midnightpulp 09-27-2007 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call down, your hand isnt that strong.

[/ QUOTE ]