Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   The TSA and a Dead White Lady (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=513411)

blufish 10-01-2007 07:28 PM

The TSA and a Dead White Lady

So, given the responses on the "Don't tase me bro" incident, I would imagine adding a death to the mix would rachet it up a notch. However, it isn't getting the same hype.

Having been in handcuffs myself, it is awful tough to strangle yourself with them. Which seems to be the company line of the TSA.

As someone who works for an aviation contractor who is around the CBP and TSA daily, I can tell you that those guys think highly of their authority.

TomCollins 10-01-2007 07:36 PM

Re: The TSA and a Dead White Lady

[ QUOTE ]
So, given the responses on the "Don't tase me bro" incident, I would imagine adding a death to the mix would rachet it up a notch. However, it isn't getting the same hype.

Having been in handcuffs myself, it is awful tough to strangle yourself with them. Which seems to be the company line of the TSA.

As someone who works for an aviation contractor who is around the CBP and TSA daily, I can tell you that those guys think highly of their authority.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like tacos.

Insp. Clue!So? 10-01-2007 07:40 PM

You could dump on the TSA all day and still be slacking on the job:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071001/..._toy_screening

What's the first thing you do when starting any business? Of course, you gather data on what the market is like. So you'd think the TSA would do lots of data sampling on what their screeners are actually finding in their bag-shuffling endeavors, for a million reasons of course. Apparently this simple concept has eluded them (along with the obvious idea that small radio-controlled devices might be used to detonate things).

Metric 10-01-2007 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't get me started. Being killed by the TSA for a temper tantrum strikes me about the same as being "Killed for vagrancy in Jerkwater, USA." The whole airport experience generally pisses me off to no end.

John Kilduff 10-01-2007 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't get me started. Being killed by the TSA for a temper tantrum strikes me about the same as being "Killed for vagrancy in Jerkwater, USA." The whole airport experience generally pisses me off to no end.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 19 hijackers didn't have to be let in on visas had our laws been different and less liberal. Instead of subjecting everyone to searches and mistreatment, if we simply didn't let in many people of questionable or suspicious background, we wouldn't have had that problem on 9/11, and average Americans today wouldn't be subjected to ridiculously time-consuming and irritating waits and procedures. But the liberal tenet of non-discrimination is so engrained in the American psyche, that the notion of profiled refusals for visas stands as so repugnant that it won't even be contemplated by those in positions of authority to make policy. Better everyone should suffer than risk violating the liberal mantra of absolute non-discrimination no matter what.

BCPVP 10-01-2007 11:47 PM

Link to the story since OP couldn't be bothered. I don't see how this is at all like the Florida tasing.

Copernicus 10-01-2007 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The 19 hijackers didn't have to be let in on visas had our laws been different and less liberal. Instead of subjecting everyone to searches and mistreatment, if we simply didn't let in many people of questionable or suspicious background, we wouldn't have had that problem on 9/11, and average Americans today wouldn't be subjected to ridiculously time-consuming and irritating waits and procedures. But the liberal tenet of non-discrimination is so engrained in the American psyche, that the notion of profiled refusals for visas stands as so repugnant that it won't even be contemplated by those in positions of authority to make policy. Better everyone should suffer than risk violating the liberal mantra of absolute non-discrimination no matter what.

[/ QUOTE ]

"profiling" certain makes sense, but is too politically incorrect. However, I fly almost every week and the security checks are not that time consuming or irritating. The worst I face regularly is about 15 minutes at the height of traffic at SFO...and thats without access to elite/first class lines.

PLOlover 10-02-2007 12:50 AM

I like the one where a school security guard in some LA high school broke a girls arm for dropping a piece of cake in the cafeteria. oh, and then had her and her mother arrested. and they arrested a student and his sister I think who taped the incident on his cellphone.

god bless amerika

daryn 10-02-2007 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the one where a school security guard in some LA high school broke a girls arm for dropping a piece of cake in the cafeteria. oh, and then had her and her mother arrested. and they arrested a student and his sister I think who taped the incident on his cellphone.

god bless amerika

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i'm sure this is exactly how it happened. a girl dropped a piece of cake, and the security guard was like WTF! I AM GONNA BREAK THAT CHICKS ARM! i'm sure that is exactly how it happened.

ugh i don't really know the rules in politics so i'll try not to be blatantly insulting, but i'm sure if she made a mess, and refused to clean it up somehow, maybe made a scene, and then when told to leave took a swing at the security guard and was then wrestled to the ground breaking her arm in the process.. you'd say he broke her arm for dropping a piece of cake.

Copernicus 10-02-2007 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

god bless amerika

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i'm sure this is exactly how it happened. a girl dropped a piece of cake, and the security guard was like WTF! I AM GONNA BREAK THAT CHICKS ARM! i'm sure that is exactly how it happened.

ugh i don't really know the rules in politics so i'll try not to be blatantly insulting, but i'm sure if she made a mess, and refused to clean it up somehow, maybe made a scene, and then when told to leave took a swing at the security guard and was then wrestled to the ground breaking her arm in the process.. you'd say he broke her arm for dropping a piece of cake.

[/ QUOTE ]

the news reports on it look pretty damning against the guard. of course far worse happens every day outside of "Amerika", and aberrant behavior can never be totally avoided.