Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Fold TPTK on the Turn? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=358984)

Noir_Desir 03-19-2007 05:12 PM

Fold TPTK on the Turn?

Villains both taggish

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero folds, UTG+1 calls.

River: (8.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

Reraise preflop? Lead turn? As played, fold correct?

sharpie 03-19-2007 05:22 PM

Re: Fold TPTK on the Turn?

PF call is standard. Against a TAG EP raise and a TAG coldcall your hand isn't great. I would probably donk the turn. As played fold is good.

Grease 03-19-2007 05:59 PM

I would probably fold PF.

That said, I definitely fold the flop. I think you're dominated by at least a better A high, probably against a pair as well.

I would have donk/folded the turn as played. Calling the turn would be a major mistake, IMO.

Noir_Desir 03-19-2007 06:15 PM

The flopcall may be questionable (i think i fold w/o my backdoor FD), but do you really fold a big suited hand preflop getting 1:5,5 odds?

Grease 03-19-2007 06:23 PM

How TAG is the PFR? What about the cold-caller?

We're OOP against what seem to be two very good hands, and we won't be able to extract value when ahead, but will be forced to pay off a lot when behind, not to mention our opponents play well postflop and can manipulate us to make mistakes.

If the raiser is just kinda TAGgy, I call, but if he's solid/2p2/a nit, I fold.

Noir_Desir 03-19-2007 06:36 PM

Well the coldcaller obviously isnt very good otherwise he wouldnt coldcall. He has taggish stats though. So i dont worry much about him. I think the pfr should have a range of AJo+, ATs+, KQ and maybe TT+ (thats at least pretty much what i would open from UTG+1 with).
I have 41,8% equity vs this range which should be enough. I think the colcaller improves my situation because with a suited hand its better to have more players in the pot. Closing the action i think this is a pretty clear call.

tyler_cracker 03-19-2007 10:22 PM

i can't even imagine folding this preflop.

i like donking the turn.

also, OP, cut off the action at your last decision. that other stuff can only skew responses.

Noir_Desir 03-20-2007 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i can't even imagine folding this preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
It didnt really cross my mind too.
[ QUOTE ]
also, OP, cut off the action at your last decision. that other stuff can only skew responses.

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, i'll do that next time. Shouldnt have done too much damage here though.

If anyone is interested in results (i think everything is said about the hand): EP had QQ and MP had AJ.

James. 03-20-2007 09:57 AM

why didn't you bet the turn?

Noir_Desir 03-20-2007 02:55 PM

I didnt like my hand very much and wanted to look at the action first. But i agree that betting and mucking to a raise would be better.