Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   High Stakes Poker thread (11/26 - 500k buyin pt 4 - Spoilers all over) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555119)

Nielsio 11-27-2007 05:08 PM

Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/26 - 500k buyin pt 4 - Spoilers all o

[ QUOTE ]
To me, Guy is not the fish. He's just not good enough for this level..he makes good plays, but also mistakes, however he doesn't pretend to be anything more than he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha ha

fluorescenthippo 11-27-2007 05:33 PM

dumb question. are they in the same seats for each day of the season? so basically the same for 4 or so episodes, or do they switch every episode?

vanpoker 11-27-2007 05:47 PM

yea they sit in the same seat, there just playing a session, and the whole session is just cut into episodes. they dont switch seats.

suzzer99 11-27-2007 05:49 PM

Man I wish you guys would quit spoiling next week. I wait until I watch this week to read this thread, but personally I'd rather not be spoiled for next week.

barryg1 11-27-2007 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Come on barryg1, what did you fold preflop in the Brunson v. Guy hand?? AJ maybe? small 2pr hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had Ace-Deuce of Spades. If the pot stayed small until the turn, which it would have without Doyle getting steamed up, I may have been forced to go all-in on the turn with my Aces up. I think I only had about 250k when the hand started.

As it played out, I thought Doyle had Ace-King and I thought Guy had him beat. Doyle wouldn't have called Guy's raise without the flush draw, but he might not have made a bet that gets him potstuck without it either.

When I said that Jamie lost the minimum to my quads, I wasn't just saying it to make Jamie feel good. I was seriously sick about it. I had no cards to this point and I finally had a chance to win a big pot.

My only big preflop hand comes after this. (I assume this will be shown on one of the upcoming episodes.) I had Kings. It happpened a long time ago, but I think the action goes like this: Someone raises in and I made it 10k and Antonio makes it 50k. This may be the first hand Antonio had played since four hours earlier when he flopped the set of Aces against me. I had between 250k and 300k at the start of the hand.

Barry

jwc529 11-27-2007 06:08 PM

wow 4 hours, that doesn't even sound like an exaggeration either. Why is Antonio playing so tight, I thought he was a loose-aggressive player or is that just tournament?

the hand is in next episode, lots of limps, Barry makes the "Barry play" with a real hand to 24k, Antonio pops it to 73k, thinking it's one of these plays.

kypreanus 11-27-2007 06:17 PM

How did Barry lose money in that Barry in that doyle vs g hand? We didnt even see his cards

vanpoker 11-27-2007 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How did Barry lose money in that Barry in that doyle vs g hand? We didnt even see his cards

[/ QUOTE ]

look 2 posts up and see barrys response.... donkey.

markksman 11-27-2007 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"he doesn't run it twice"
"whatever you want gee"
Is it just me, or do you get the feeling Doyle doesn't care a whole bunch for Jamie?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had that impression a bit and I thought he might be someone that doesn't appreciate the theatrics that Gold brings to the table. I also suspect he doesn't really respect Gold's game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he doesn't respect his game for the most part, and finds him pretty beatable in most cases.

Jamie is not a good player. Heck he even straight up told Sammy he had NOTHING but Sammy was too busy rattling his rocks around to notice.

I really was hoping for a Jamie bust before he left.

markksman 11-27-2007 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good lord, this show is intolerable without Tivo. One hand between commercial breaks....

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how anyone can watch ANYTHING on tv without a DVR.

Anything less is a massive waste of your life.