Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   10NL: Overpairs and commitment (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362376)

molotom 03-23-2007 01:54 PM

10NL: Overpairs and commitment

Without a read, what range would you put UTG on after the flop, then after the turn CRAI?

Also, how would you play this turn? I realise that the CRAI shows great strength, but I can't fold getting 6:1 when he could hold QQ,KK. I understand that my turn bet committed me, how does it compare to just pushing? Given his stack at this point, is it ever right to bet less than all-in?

---------

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($13.75)
SB ($10.10)
BB ($4.05)
UTG ($7.35)
MP ($9.90)
CO ($13.80)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.10, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.7</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $0.60, CO folds.

Flop: ($1.65) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.3</font>, UTG calls $1.30.

Turn: ($4.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $5.35 (All-in)</font>, Hero calls $2.15.

River: ($14.95) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $14.95

Bonesy 03-23-2007 02:09 PM

Re: 10NL: Overpairs and commitment

You played it fine. No reason to overbet the pot on the turn. Your bet was good.

RollTide77 03-23-2007 02:22 PM

This is usually a set of Ts or Js since he didn't open raise PF. But you can't fold the turn for only $2 more. Everything looks good to me.

miw210 03-23-2007 02:32 PM

Looks good, no way can you fold turn.

Sir Winalot 03-23-2007 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is usually a set of Ts or Js since he didn't open raise PF. But you can't fold the turn for only $2 more. Everything looks good to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
wtf? Hero played the hand fine and I'm quite confident that we have at least 80% equity here.

Mal_Pais 03-23-2007 04:44 PM

Looks fine. For ~70BBs, I think we have to pay off 33 or JT.

molotom 03-23-2007 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You played it fine. No reason to overbet the pot on the turn. Your bet was good.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is reassuring.
However I am still confused about how the 80% PSB is better than a push on the turn. Villain should realise that my 80% PSB leaves me committed, so do we make this bet in the hope that he is dumb and will just call it with draws/weaker hands that would've folded had I pushed?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
This is usually a set of Ts or Js since he didn't open raise PF.

[/ QUOTE ]
wtf? Hero played the hand fine and I'm quite confident that we have at least 80% equity here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would expect JJ to open-raise preflop, same for TT. I doubt he has 33: limp+calling my raise for set value is questionable, he is getting 12:1 implied if he stacks me, which is fine if he knows I hold AA, but most of the time here I am holding something like AK,AQ,AJ with which I am far less likely to stack off.

I am interested to know what ranges people would put villain on here.

RollTide77 03-23-2007 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Hence the part where I said everything looks good to me.

[edit]ah, ok. I see what you're saying. Yeah, probably not JJ or TT for the set. At the time I was thinking maybe he was one of those guys who just limps in everything that's not J+J+. Slim chance though. Still could be 33.

RollTide77 03-23-2007 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would expect JJ to open-raise preflop, same for TT. I doubt he has 33: limp+calling my raise for set value is questionable, he is getting 12:1 implied if he stacks me, which is fine if he knows I hold AA, but most of the time here I am holding something like AK,AQ,AJ with which I am far less likely to stack off.

I am interested to know what ranges people would put villain on here.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm assuming bad play all around by villain. He either limped in a pair, JT, or KJ/KT/A3. The c/r says I've got more than one pair to me.

As to the turn bet question, me being scared of two pair or a set here, I'm doing the 3/4 PSB hoping to get a fold from KJ, KT, A3, etc. You could push but if he was planning on c/r a set or two pair you just put alot more in jeapardy. I'd rather 3/4 PSB and then decide if I want to go AI with this depending on what he does. Yes you are pot committed but there are times when I'm pot committed and I still fold to save a few bucks after now being 90% sure I'm beat.