Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Attempted Scamhappening right now plz help (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=373936)

jcg2005 04-06-2007 05:12 PM

Attempted Scamhappening right now plz help

I just got an IM from some random name i haev never seen before. Im not sure if i should post it or not.

I am just a railbird mostly, but i railbird alot. So im not sure why they would even ask me. They are pretending to be "woltas". The thing is he told me to sit at a play money table. I noticed the L was actually a capital I.

They wanted to have money sent on ftp and pay back in 12hrs.

Im kinda confused as to what to do, someone please let me know if u can. I wanted to warn the community of this morAn.

He is very sloppy and im sure no one would give money but please ppl be careful.

whodaman 04-06-2007 05:24 PM

Re: Attempted Scamhappening right now plz help

post his aim name... post his ftp name

FluffyTiger 04-06-2007 05:25 PM

wow nice catch. This makes me sick, nowadays you can't trust everyone who IM's you!

seriously, email FTP

jcg2005 04-06-2007 05:33 PM

aim name- cashballer23

ftp name- woItas, only on ftp the I looks different

What would i say to FTP in an email them?

i remember krantz suggesting scamming the scammer, anyone have any ideas how to get back at them?

I wonder how and why he got my AIM, this is really disturbing.

revlis87 04-06-2007 05:46 PM

Um...like 6 months back I got an AIM from EM2 AIM sn. No modifications, the real thing, we are buddies and met in t-stone etc etc. Asks if he can borrow 3 k to start up a stars acct. Whatever, I ship and forget about it until a couple of weeks later. I realize he owes me some $, I IM him, long and the short of it is he says it wasn't him. We can't figure it out, then finally I tell him I shipped it to Empiremaker1 (thought it was his stars SN, never played there so whatever I was stupid). We contact stars and find out it went from EM1 to "Cashballer23" and then I think he lost it or whatever. He ends up realizing it was one of his frat brothers who broke into his room and went on his AIM. I end up getting my money back from the kid and pretty much forget about it... Now I hear he is back in business? Someone needs to contact EM2 to see if my memory of it being Cashballer23 are wrong or if this kid is somehow back in business?

EmpireMaker2 04-06-2007 05:58 PM

Hmmmm thats not his aim name, I really dont know he could of changed it but im petty sure he learned his lesson, but it is an awfully big concesince....If you learn anymore info then holla

LimitGod 04-06-2007 06:00 PM

Yea, cashballer is back at it again today. It's happened to a few guys I know.

jcg2005 04-06-2007 06:03 PM

i had him type something into his run folder

he probably has no more c drive

im jus sayin gg scammer

i have his phone number too.........
ill pm the aim convo to respected posters if desired or w/e

shoutout to james bond jr who helped with the scammer ownage

riverboatking 04-06-2007 06:05 PM

so let me get this straight.
the scam is someone you don't know IM's you and asks you to send money first and they will pay you back?

damn that is sneaky.
hope not too many of you fall for this elaborate hoax.

jcg2005 04-06-2007 06:06 PM

he offered the standard 70% interest for my troubles, yes RBK dead on tho very elaborate scammer