Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   watch what the BIG GAME looks like (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558479)

bigfishhhh 12-01-2007 03:50 AM

watch what the BIG GAME looks like

Here's a documentary on poker that shows clips of the Big Game at the Bellagio...I don't know if this has been posted before or not...here's the link, enjoy it and let me know if u like it.
http://pokertube.com/ShowMovie.aspx?movi...amp;YourFilms=1

kemystery 12-01-2007 04:07 AM

Re: watch what the BIG GAME looks like

I've seen this on the History Channel before, and the game being filmed is actually at the Commerce it's a good docu, but maybe a bit elementary and the betting inaccuracies will put most 2p2ers on tilt

bigfishhhh 12-01-2007 04:13 AM

i know its a bit outdated and its narrated by an idiot who apparently doesn't crap about poker

mephisto 12-01-2007 04:20 AM

Despite the misgivings, it was still entertaining to watch.

kemystery 12-01-2007 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Despite the misgivings, it was still entertaining to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

it IS entertaining and a good doc as I said, just a little annoying when Chau Giang bets 8K and the announcer states that Doyle is raising 4K......

jwc529 12-01-2007 04:32 AM

segment 3 about 4:40 in is pretty funny.
chau makes a bet of 4k and doyle raises him 4k and they make it seem like chau is all uneasy about it, and folds real hand.
They should show it's evolution to hsp, fast forward 2-3 years "Jamie bets 10k with 6 high, tells opponent to call, Benyamine calls with pair of 2s", then try to explain that one.

BTW when did they move to Bobby's Room?

Jooka 12-01-2007 04:38 AM

Chau still playing? hear so little about him these days.

bigfishhhh 12-01-2007 04:42 AM

yeah chau still plays...a regular i heard at the big game

flyingmoose 12-01-2007 05:01 AM

"In limit poker you're shooting at a target. In no limit poker, the target comes alive and shoots back at you."

jwc529 12-01-2007 05:10 AM

this video is about 3 years old, I'm not sure he still plays.
Antonius said in his blog they played last week
"It was the usual line up, I had Jennifer on my right and Minh on my left. Bobby Baldwin, Doyle, Guy (Noatima,) Eli, Lyle, and David B. were all in the game."
And Gus wrote in a Danish article that he played with Doyle, Ming, Eli, and Silent Jim around same time.
Anyone know who Silent Jim is??

stevieb 12-01-2007 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this video is about 3 years old, I'm not sure he still plays.
Antonius said in his blog they played last week
"It was the usual line up, I had Jennifer on my right and Minh on my left. Bobby Baldwin, Doyle, Guy (Noatima,) Eli, Lyle, and David B. were all in the game."
And Gus wrote in a Danish article that he played with Doyle, Ming, Eli, and Silent Jim around same time.
Anyone know who Silent Jim is??

[/ QUOTE ]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Meehan

12-01-2007 05:36 AM

I think it's Jim Bechtel

bustowithnobra 12-01-2007 05:55 AM

From Patti-cakes blog (lol):

Unfortunately the next three days no
matter how good my cards were, Full Tilt found a way to make me lose.

Taso 12-01-2007 07:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a documentary on poker that shows clips of the Big Game at the Bellagio...I don't know if this has been posted before or not...here's the link, enjoy it and let me know if u like it.
http://pokertube.com/ShowMovie.aspx?movi...amp;YourFilms=1

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for posting, seems like it will be entertainin once I get a chance to watch it.

21SuicideKing21 12-01-2007 07:53 AM

nice post

pricklypete 12-01-2007 08:07 AM

Very interesting doc. Had to laugh at how they called what we know today as fish and donkeys, producers and sheep. Somehow I don't think typing "stupid producer" in the chat box would be a satisfying as some of the things we see typed today [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

21SuicideKing21 12-01-2007 08:24 AM

So priceless on the last part of it.

"So is Phil Ivey, that is rap music he is listening to by the way."

pricklypete 12-01-2007 08:31 AM

lmao, yeah that was priceless.

coranoben 12-01-2007 08:40 AM

"You have to be braver than anyone else you know..."
MOLEY MOLEY MOLEY...MMAHH MAAAHHH MOOOOOLEEEE!!!

Poker monkey 12-01-2007 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
segment 3 about 4:40 in is pretty funny.
chau makes a bet of 4k and doyle raises him 4k and they make it seem like chau is all uneasy about it, and folds real hand.
They should show it's evolution to hsp, fast forward 2-3 years "Jamie bets 10k with 6 high, tells opponent to call, Benyamine calls with pair of 2s", then try to explain that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Brocktoon 12-01-2007 09:38 AM

That first hand tilted the [censored] out of me. Obviously its 2-7 triple draw, though its hard to tell the way they only show 1 draw and the announcer says that they both have "an inside straight" at showdown.

Anyway when Barry shows they show a #4, 24567 and say that it beats Doyle who they then show turning over a wheel 23457 because "his inside straight is topped by that 5". [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] WTF is this guy talking about?

After watching it a few times it seems to me that Doyle actually had the #4 and Barry had the wheel but they showed them in the wrong order when they edited it together because they probably had no [censored] idea what they were looking at anyway. They only knew it was a big hand and people like DN were hooting and hollering about it.

You'd think a show that takes itself seriously would get people involved that have a hint of a clue about what was going on.

QuimKnight 12-01-2007 09:57 AM

pretty rough but still v watchable. the commentator is a tosser though

newhizzle 12-01-2007 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously its 2-7 triple draw

[/ QUOTE ]

im pretty sure they were playing single draw, as i dont think ive ever heard of a no limit triple draw game and nl single draw is as far as i know only played at the highest levels, but yeah the announcer had no clue, kinda cool to watch either way

dhg223 12-01-2007 10:42 AM

Would have rather heard James Lipton narrate

Raxxmataxx 12-01-2007 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Very interesting doc. Had to laugh at how they called what we know today as fish and donkeys, producers and sheep. Somehow I don't think typing "stupid producer" in the chat box would be a satisfying as some of the things we see typed today [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]I think that's because they prioritized keeping the people who fed them in the game. As well as there being a slightly higher probability of getting shot or beaten when you say [censored] like that in illegal underground games.

In fact, they actually may have worked pretty hard keeping the guys with a lot of money and little card sense in the game, rather than out.

On the face of it, it does seem like a slightly better strategy than trying to get the rid of the people who gives you the moneys.

Brocktoon 12-01-2007 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Obviously its 2-7 triple draw

[/ QUOTE ]

im pretty sure they were playing single draw, as i dont think ive ever heard of a no limit triple draw game and nl single draw is as far as i know only played at the highest levels, but yeah the announcer had no clue, kinda cool to watch either way

[/ QUOTE ]

Looked like limit to me, $4K/$8K.

I think they said the pot was over $80K at the end which I don't know how you'd get to in a single draw game. Also, at the end they say that "its another $8K" right before showdown which wouldn't really make too much sense as a river bet in NL with a pot of >$60K.

inyourface 12-01-2007 11:40 AM

very nice post OP, makes a change from the usual NVG dross.

A bit annoying how episode 6 is cut short and no sign of part 7? I don't think it owuld ahve gone on much longer anyhow.

SuperSnort 12-01-2007 11:46 AM

they do show the hands the wrong way round. i stopped watching after that hand cause it did [censored] annoy the [censored] out of me

JDesab 12-01-2007 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they do show the hands the wrong way round. i stopped watching after that hand cause it did [censored] annoy the [censored] out of me

[/ QUOTE ]

there's medication available to help you cope better.

TheJubilantMale 12-01-2007 04:14 PM

the fish wants a limit to what you can bet. but not these guy's. they're playing NLHE. they bet and chau draws one...

Devilboy666 12-01-2007 05:22 PM

If you edit out all the narration this video will be AAAA++++ WILL WATCH AGAIN.

sapol 12-01-2007 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you edit out all the narration this video will be AAAA++++ WILL WATCH AGAIN.

[/ QUOTE ]

StrongArm 12-01-2007 08:06 PM

sklanksy is a diabolical genius.... if you watched closely doyle was reading sklanskys book on razz somewhere in the middle of the vid.

david [censored] sklansky

WHO PUT U UP TO THIS OP?

edit: OP only has 3 posts, david u marketing [censored] genius

hime 12-02-2007 03:10 AM

Jen Harman with long hair is no good.

flopped da joint 12-02-2007 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the fish wants a limit to what you can bet. but not these guy's. they're playing NLHE. they bet and chau draws one...

[/ QUOTE ]

donpkeys always drawww!!!

fartman77 12-02-2007 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jen Harman with long hair is no good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Jen Harman is no good.