Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   PLO20 - rivered flush + paired board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=529233)

eule 10-23-2007 07:03 AM

PLO20 - rivered flush + paired board

Omaha PL $0.10/$0.20
Seat 5: TUSIN ($20.59 in chips)
Seat 6: Hero ($20.00 in chips) DEALER
Hero: Post SB $0.10
TUSIN: Post BB $0.20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
suitedeule: Raise $0.37
TUSIN: Call $0.27
*** FLOP *** [7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
TUSIN: Check
Hero: Bet $0.40
TUSIN: Call $0.40
*** TURN *** [2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
TUSIN: Check
Hero: Bet $1.00
TUSIN: Raise $4.74
Hero: Call $3.74
*** RIVER *** [2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
TUSIN: Bet $11.22
Hero: Call $11.22
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $32.66 Rake $1.00
TUSIN: wins $32.66

sry for not converting... anyone knows a converter which can handle PT imported ipoker HHs?

his line totally confused me, the flop call is a) flopped straight slowplay (done a lot on PLO20) or set waiting for the board to pair.
with the turn check/raise i was really sure he has the straight, so i called the river
ok?
btw opp was 70/10/2.5 but only over 37 hands but seemed donkish

edit: preflop raise was a misclick that ipoker software, scaling raises by 1 cent, totally sucks...

GoldenIP 10-23-2007 07:18 AM

Re: PLO20 - rivered flush + paired board

I can understand c/c black 7s or 8s with no draw but I definitely don't get the turn raise unless he had a flopped straight with a set which would have been massive (and probably unlikely but not impossible).

He's probably what you think he is, a bit donkish. If he's raising that turn thinking a lone set is best, then continue playing him forever. If he had a massive hand, fair enough. I don't mind your river call given his turn line...any sane person (assuming it's not a bluff) is c/c the turn again probably with just a set.

Then, all of a sudden he's leading the river when it paired? Yeah, bad line from the villain and I don't mind the call....although for 1/2BI, it's a pretty convincing bet. Logic suggests a call is fine but heart, owing to villain retardedness, suggests a reluctant fold.

CrushinFelt 10-23-2007 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but I definitely don't get the turn raise unless he had a flopped straight with a set which would have been massive (and probably unlikely but not impossible).

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot more reasons for him to c/c the flop and c/r the turn than just set + straight.

Also, I probably call this river but I likely wouldn't have bet the turn and also probably wouldn't call the turn c/r

eule 10-23-2007 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There are a lot more reasons for him to c/c the flop and c/r the turn than just set + straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

sth like straightdraw + FD or lower FD with now a set of 2s?
kinda unexperienced when puttin ppl on hands T_T
as long as he has the [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] FD im fine cuz hell pay me off if i hit