Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   God I hate AQ (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=487911)

Dave D 08-28-2007 12:48 AM

God I hate AQ

FTP Daily Double, about 60 left. No reads on villian as he just got to the table like 5 hands ago.

Hero (60.7k in chips) has A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and is UTG+1

Blinds 2000/1000-250 ante

Hero opens for 6k, 4 folds, villian 1 calls (150.5k), SB Villian 2 (100.2k) makes it 10k to go, we both call.

I know his minraise is basically saying his range is TT+,AK, and probably QQ/KK and maybe AA. But I'm getting really good odds here, both implied and immediate, I have to call. Also I have position on the raiser.

Flop:

T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villian 2 bets out 18k, What's my line?

Proofrock 08-28-2007 02:29 AM

Re: God I hate AQ

Well, you can't fold and calling sucks so shove. You'll be behind a lot, but there's really no other play here given the size of your stack relative to the pot.

erc007 08-28-2007 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FTP Daily Double, about 60 left. No reads on villian as he just got to the table like 5 hands ago.

Hero (60.7k in chips) has A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and is UTG+1

Blinds 2000/1000-250 ante

Hero opens for 6k, 4 folds, villian 1 calls (150.5k), SB Villian 2 (100.2k) makes it 10k to go, we both call.

I know his minraise is basically saying his range is TT+,AK, and probably QQ/KK and maybe AA. But I'm getting really good odds here, both implied and immediate, I have to call. Also I have position on the raiser.

Flop:

T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villian 2 bets out 18k, What's my line?

[/ QUOTE ]

With AQo...your implied odds here are almost non-existent, IMO. You have 2 chances to win a big pot (flop 2 Q's or Broadway) and about 1001 ways to lose a big pot...and this flop looks like one of them.

Tackleberry 08-28-2007 05:48 AM

You open from UTG+1 with a small raise (in comparison to blinds+antes) and get one caller (not respecting your scary raise!) AND one min-raiser (even less respecting your scary raise) - who shows you that he is not afraid of one / two callers. This does not seem like TT+ for me, honestly ...

So, what are you hoping for on the flop? As erc said, you don´t have the correct implied odds ... even while getting 8:1.

The flop - besides gutshot / flush-draws is one of the best flops you could hope for. Nevertheless you´re in the situation where you easily could lose your whole stack without having any information at all.

Said this, I tend to fold preflop (!!) and I certainly fold the flop.

registrar 08-28-2007 05:58 AM

I'm folding to the rr pre-flop.

JammyDodga 08-28-2007 06:27 AM

Hmm, I definitely consider folding pre-flop, I think his range is pretty much QQ+, and maybe AK, but I think this is less likely.

On the flop, I think there's a decent chance you have the best hand, the only porblem is how to confirm this without losing all your chips.

I think a high pair is much more likely that AK for the min-raise pre-flop. Furthermore, you have one of the aces, and one has just hit the board, so it becomes less likely.

I think a flat call is OK here, I think KK, QQ are likely to slow down on the turn (especially if a spade hits), where-as AK and AA are definitely betting.

Tackleberry 08-28-2007 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a flat call is OK here, I think KK, QQ are likely to slow down on the turn (especially if a spade hits), where-as AK and AA are definitely betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Investing nearly half of my remaining stack here to see if Villain slows down on the turn does not seem like a good idea for me ... and how often do we estimate Villain to make a weak c-bet on THIS flop against two opponents with KK?

levAA 08-28-2007 08:09 AM

I agree with tackleberry, this is a fold preflop.

The only flop you would like to see is a straight and therefore your odds/implied odds are too bad.

This is one of the spots where i really would prefer AQ to be suited to call.

Postflop i muck this as fast as i can.

hamnegger 08-28-2007 08:40 AM

you called you hit your hand time to go broke shove!!!

Soulman 08-28-2007 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm folding to the rr pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]