Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Unscientific PS2 Survey: All PS2 owners please open this (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557927)

Josh11 11-30-2007 04:50 PM

Re: Unscientific PS2 Survey: All PS2 owners please open this

I would imagine a decent percentage of those who had to buy new systems or send theirs in for repair were dealing with laser issues that they could have easily fixed themselves.

Dudd 11-30-2007 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is news about a class action lawsuit against M$ right now regarding the RROD. It's been on a lot of the big news stations.

[/ QUOTE ]

What could you possibly be suing for? Microsoft already has a 3 year free replacement warranty, what more could you ask for, pain and suffering from the two weeks it took to get the box back?

dibbs 11-30-2007 05:55 PM

Bought mine 01 I think, it's still kicking, though it basically just collects dust at this point, I keep thinking Ima play Shadows again is the only reason why its still hooked up.

VickreyAuction 11-30-2007 05:59 PM

Bought one which lasted for ~3 years, bought another which has lasted ~2 years and is still working.

Zele 11-30-2007 06:06 PM

Bought one at launch, laser crapped for some but not all games a couple years later. Inspired me to buy HD Advance, which allowed me to continue playing off of hard drive (for some reason most games worked this way). HD Advance saved me some money in other ways, too (suck it, Sony).

Valsuvious 11-30-2007 06:11 PM

Bought one probably somewhere around 2001 timeframe (can't remember exactly though ) and just recently had to self fix it. Although I really haven't played it to much since I got my Wii, minus beating the newest FF game.

PITTM 11-30-2007 06:13 PM

2. bought one at full retail. sold it higher.
bought my current one for 25 bucks from a housemate who didnt want it anymore ~2 years ago.

Thanir 11-30-2007 06:20 PM

I bought one on launch day, and was the only one I ever bought. I will say I stopped playing it as I starting going to strictly PC gaming.

n.s. 11-30-2007 06:24 PM

I'm on my 3rd PS2. The first one had laser issues that I was able to work around for a while by adjusting the laser height, but it finally just quit working. When I bought my second one, I bought it used and paid for the extended return policy - that one lasted about 3 months before I had to get another one (covered, thankfully). My 3rd one hasn't gotten all that much use, but it still works.

bottomset 11-30-2007 06:42 PM

had one for 3.5yrs or so