Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   weird donk (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557382)

bobhalford 11-29-2007 10:28 PM

Re: weird donk

I have no idea what to do. If I was at the table I would just call. However, he may be betting 88 for fear that you will check behind AK, or perhaps he's just bluffing a busted diamond draw and isn't paying off. He could easily have A4 too. I'm not sure it matters much but I imagine you could raise and fold to a 3-bet. I just hate raise/fold plays in general which is why I just call here.

TheHip41 11-29-2007 11:59 PM

this is a really easy call

SuperUberBob 11-30-2007 12:17 AM

I hate a raise/fold here. Pretty easy call. Lots you beat here.

rzk 11-30-2007 12:48 AM

ok, i realize most people like a call here, so i feel like a donk, but i still think this is a raise/fold to 3bet. i think his line is most consistent with a pair of 5's or pp that knows you will call with A high because the board is paired. in addition, he can easily make a stupid value/bluff bet with Ax. even though he's loose, there are not that many 4's in his range.

please tell me how wrong i am.

EDIT: btw, if you raise/fold here, i think it's much better if you do it without pause. he'll be less likely to attempt a weird bluff. if raise/fold is not an option (though i don't see why not), i raise/call.

vmacosta 11-30-2007 01:19 AM

I don't understand why you wouldn't post the pf stats.

Let's assume he is a typical 50/10/.7.Normally, it's really hard to put a guy like this on a hand. However, due to pf, you can rule out a ton of hands that would have a 2 or 4 in it. I'd put him at around {A2-A5, AQ+, 33, 66-QQ, KQ, 54s, 43s, K4s}.

So even if you do a proper discounting of the worse hands you should def raise here.

At the table I would raise lightning quick; I'm pretty surprised you all don't--maybe I'm missing something.

NinaWilliams 11-30-2007 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why you wouldn't post the pf stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt have them yet. Ive seen him limp almost every hand and he showed down an open limped J6s from the HJ. I also saw him bluff flop, check turn, then bluff again on the river.

FlopYouDead 11-30-2007 01:28 AM

If he's good/tricky enough to think bet/3 after catching the 4 he's good enough to fold anything else when raised.

If he's just a typical small stakes player it's a poor blocking bet and an easy raise.

I think it's read dependant and with your read charge him.

rzk 11-30-2007 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So even if you do a proper discounting of the worse hands you should def raise here.

At the table I would raise lightning quick; I'm pretty surprised you all don't--maybe I'm missing something.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank god i'm not crazy [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

sweetjazz 11-30-2007 02:58 AM

Do any of the river raisers advocate calling a 3bet? For those that don't advocate calling the 3-bet, how often do you actually fold to 3bets in such spots at the table?

This is more curiousity on my part than anything else.

rzk 11-30-2007 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do any of the river raisers advocate calling a 3bet? For those that don't advocate calling the 3-bet, how often do you actually fold to 3bets in such spots at the table?

[/ QUOTE ]

all the time. that's not to say i think it's necessarily correct. but if we have a close call/fold decision that doesn't mean we shouldn't raise in the first place.