Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   25nl Is this +EV bluff? 3bet pot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524036)

vixticator 10-16-2007 05:37 AM

25nl Is this +EV bluff? 3bet pot

I don't know. How strong can he be c/c'ing flop? Maybe a monster but no way he then proceeds to check two more streets, right? Check turn giving up on hand. Then river puts four to a straight. He checks. Bet?

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $6.20
CO: $15.55
Hero (BTN): $40.05
SB: $45.75
BB: $19.55

Pre-Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.80</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $3.75</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $2.95

Flop: ($7.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5.75</font>, SB calls $5.75

Turn: ($19.25) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($19.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $10</font>

hallo! 10-16-2007 05:57 AM

Re: 25nl Is this +EV bluff? 3bet pot

those idiots will usually not lay down a Jack, a weak ace, KK and QQ not anyway in this spot after you checked the turn. I would give up and hope he has air. You get called too often to make it + EV imo

Ekos 10-16-2007 06:21 AM

this isnt terrible vs 25nl "regs", but even w/ a read the value of this play at these stakes is still very low

ama0330 10-16-2007 06:23 AM

After he calls the flop, no. The flop bet is okay but once he calls I am done

ShipitFMA 10-16-2007 06:31 AM

he only folds KK, and what ama said

bozzer 10-16-2007 07:43 AM

i don't think he folds anything that beats you very often here. maybe KJ or KK but i'd be calling with anything stronger than AQ. on the other hand we have literally 0 s/d equity: i can't find a hand in his likely 3b range that we beat.

flop bet is questionable imo - i'm not sure people c/f after 3bettting enough. but it's almost impossible to resist betting that flop.

corsakh 10-16-2007 08:04 AM

Ignore please [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I dont know what he has, but I play KK and QQ very often this way. For some reason people think they can bluff me off for half a stack with the line you took.

monkeymaps 10-16-2007 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ignore please [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I dont know what he has, but I play KK and QQ very often this way. For some reason people think they can bluff me off for half a stack with the line you took.

[/ QUOTE ]

Id need a pretty strong read to c/c KK or QQ all the way here id more likely bet/fold but maybe I should use this against more agro villans.

As for the hand there arent many better hands in his 3bet range that he folds if your going to continue to bluff here id rather bet the turn and give up on the river than the c turn bet river line you took.

members_only 10-16-2007 11:14 AM

QQ makes a straight here of course...

Milky 10-16-2007 11:32 AM

I've seen people play sets like this before with monsters(JJ/AA in this case). Or he could have made the river straight and is hoping you'll bet the river either as a value bet or a bluff. It all depends on the opponent. I give up once I'm called on the flop though (and yes I bet there, I've seen people fold here way too often not to bet).

I just don't think you're going to get him to fold enough here, especially after checking turn. He's folding KK and maybe AK here and that's about it. However, its hard to say without reads.