Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Big draw late in tourney...whats your line? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=126609)

LLKOOLK1 05-31-2006 04:30 AM

Big draw late in tourney...whats your line?

Played 2 orbits, but no real reads on villan

Blinds 1500/3000 ante 75

mp(72,000) makes it 6600

Hero(67,000) calls from button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

HU flop- A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villan checks

whats your plan? What about the turn?

-LL

La Brujita 05-31-2006 04:38 AM

Re: Big draw late in tourney...whats your line?

i think this is a very borderline float preflop, but this is the pot calling the kettle black because i float all the time in questionable places.

after he checks an ace high flop after you float that is just license to steal. bet 60-80% of the flop. you will take it down most of the time.

LLKOOLK1 05-31-2006 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think this is a very borderline float preflop, but this is the pot calling the kettle black because i float all the time in questionable places.

after he checks an ace high flop after you float that is just license to steal. bet 60-80% of the flop. you will take it down most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree...But his check is defintly strange...Id be interested to see your opinion in the actual hand, But Ill wait for a few more responses
-LL

0evg0 05-31-2006 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with the PF call?

As for the play, I think he's dying to C/R us here, so give him the chance. Weak lead 6-7k, not too much or else he'll be able to shove. Then 3-bet all-in.

LLKOOLK1 05-31-2006 05:27 AM

What if his CR is a push?
-LL

A_Junglen 05-31-2006 07:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he's dying to C/R us here, so give him the chance. Weak lead 6-7k, not too much or else he'll be able to shove. Then 3-bet all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not getting better hands to fold that c/r us.

I bet 3/4pot on the flop and intend to get the rest in. I don't hate shoving, but based on reads (in this case none, but in general) bet in whatever manner gives us most FE.

0evg0 05-31-2006 07:14 AM

Then it's a pretty massive overbet and I think I'd feel comfortable ruling out a set here - or at least bumping down the frequency of it.

Which leads to me calling.

That being said, with the pot at ~16k, if we bet 8-10k as Brujita suggested, a reraise all-in would be correct with any of the hands in Villain's preflop range. That's why I like the weaker lead as it makes such a play from Villain awkward.

I don't know. I'm a sucker for draws and if it were me, I'd be getting my chips in here 150% of the time. I'm trying to be logical here though, and I think there is some value in 3betting all-in as opposed to simply calling. Maybe not though.

Would love to see some other responses.

A_Junglen 05-31-2006 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know. I'm a sucker for draws and if it were me, I'd be getting my chips in here 150% of the time. I'm trying to be logical here though.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not in a comfortable spot (10bb), there's enough money in the pot, and it's a big enough draw where I'm fine getting called or calling.

0evg0 05-31-2006 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think he's dying to C/R us here, so give him the chance. Weak lead 6-7k, not too much or else he'll be able to shove. Then 3-bet all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not getting better hands to fold that c/r us.

I bet 3/4pot on the flop and intend to get the rest in. I don't hate shoving, but based on reads (in this case none, but in general) bet in whatever manner gives us most FE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, after our weak lead, suddenly Villain may decide to C/R hands he was simply going to C/C before.

Okay, thought popped into my head. What if Villain has KK here? Any chance of that after he checked the flop? I think KK would most definitely reraise a weak lead here, and then obv fold to a push.

Whatever, my mind is fried. I need to go to sleep. Bye.

A_Junglen 05-31-2006 07:20 AM

If we 3 bet a weak lead the opponent will likely be committed.

3/4 pot or shove usually gets KK to fold.