Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Simple QQ line check (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556116)

Proofrock 11-28-2007 01:31 AM

Simple QQ line check

I'm working with a new database, but I have a cryptic note that Villain is aggressive, possibly a tad spewy. However, the last time we played together was over 6 months ago and we have no significant history. This hand occurs within the first 2 orbits after I sat down.

I've spent my last 20k hands playing limit, and the 20k before that playing full ring, so my 6-max game is pretty rusty.

Preflop: I also considered 4-betting and calling a shove. Which is the more standard line given the lack of history?

Flop and turn seem standard, but if not tell me what I should do and why.

River: I assume this is a standard fold, but I basically turned my hand face up so far, which makes me wonder if that turns it to a call. Thoughts?

Poker Stars, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: $295.10
BB: $295.60
Hero (UTG): $203
MP: $40
CO: $429.05
BTN: $197

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $8</font>, 4 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $24</font>, Hero calls $16

Flop: ($49) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($49) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $34</font>, Hero calls $34

River: ($117) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $80</font>, Hero folds

Paul Thomson 11-28-2007 01:38 AM

Re: Simple QQ line check

looks good to me, unless villain is super tricky and can turn JJ into a bluff or valuebet it (which would be paper thin).

TwoToGo-Grave 11-28-2007 01:58 AM

Honestly, I hate the turn call. If you're going to fold the river, just fold the turn. He will fire the river whether he was trying to buy the pot or not on the turn.
Other than that, I like the hand well enough.

Proofrock 11-28-2007 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I hate the turn call. If you're going to fold the river, just fold the turn. He will fire the river whether he was trying to buy the pot or not on the turn.
Other than that, I like the hand well enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like there are a few hands I'm ahead of that check the river -- am I wrong?

fingersmith 11-28-2007 01:17 PM

no, I think you're right, and this is standard

Suigin406 11-28-2007 01:19 PM

pretty std, he's not betting JJ here