Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Poker Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Chinese Poker Hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=185233)

LeadingMan 08-12-2006 07:07 PM

Chinese Poker Hand

2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

2461Badugi 08-12-2006 07:23 PM

Re: Chinese Poker Hand

That's a pretty [censored] hand.

Xellos 08-12-2006 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know pretty much nothing about chinese poker, but your flush is worthless and takes one of your 8s, so you can't even put trips in the middle. Going on nothing but instinct I'm going to guess the best strategy is:

KKXXX
TTX

But the correct play is probably completely different.

*TT* 08-12-2006 08:51 PM

Optimal play with this hand is boat, pair, pair. Hero expects to make .39 bets off of this hand in the long run (2-4 structure, bonuses count, no surrender) or .49 with no bonuses.

KK564
JJT

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

donger 08-15-2006 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Optimal play with this hand is boat, pair, pair. Hero expects to make .39 bets off of this hand in the long run (2-4 structure, bonuses count, no surrender) or .49 with no bonuses.

KK564
JJT

[/ QUOTE ]

Weird, I ran this thing and it (don smolen's) played the kicker in the middle.

*TT* 08-16-2006 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

KK564
JJT

[/ QUOTE ]

Weird, I ran this thing and it (don smolen's) played the kicker in the middle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ran it in the sim too.

Notorious G.O.B. 08-16-2006 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? It's better than average, definitely nothing to surrender. Pretty obvious what the right play is, though.

2461Badugi 08-16-2006 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? It's better than average, definitely nothing to surrender. Pretty obvious what the right play is, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been spending too much time in the O/8 and Stud forums.

Bill King 08-16-2006 03:36 PM

TT,

888XX
KKJJX
22X

is that horrible or does my line for the middle make your top hand too vulnerable?

Xellos 08-16-2006 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TT,

888XX
KKJJX
22X

is that horrible or does my line for the middle make your top hand too vulnerable?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you played it like that the top and middle have no chance, and the bottom isn't good either. If for some reason you put two pair in the middle it should either be KK22 or JJ22 so that the bottom is strong. Putting a full house in the top is definitely the right play though.