Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Net (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=265927)

durron597 11-22-2006 08:45 AM

Net

Procrastinating, again.

Net

My best score:

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/74/netju8.png

Big Limpin 11-22-2006 12:30 PM

Re: Net

epilepsy inducing? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

pudley4 11-22-2006 12:37 PM

Re: Net

815778

Also, it says the minimum moves for mine was 95, but I did it in 94

Big Limpin 11-22-2006 12:41 PM

Re: Net

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] owned
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4412/untitledre8.jpg

durron597 11-22-2006 12:48 PM

Re: Net

letters = rows, numbers = columns

wrong cells that are actually connected to your grid:

A3, A4, B6, B8, C6, D6,

that should be enough to get your started, i was doing this in my head

pudley4 11-22-2006 12:55 PM

Re: Net

847609

pudley4 11-22-2006 12:59 PM

Re: Net

hint: solve it like a jigsaw puzzle - start at the outside, some of the pieces can only be oriented a certain way. Once you've done that, work your way in.

In your puzzle, the top left corner has to touch the squares to the right and bottom. Then the square below has to touch the ones on the top and right. Go from there.

durron597 11-22-2006 01:02 PM

Re: Net

[ QUOTE ]
hint: solve it like a jigsaw puzzle - start at the outside, some of the pieces can only be oriented a certain way. Once you've done that, work your way in.

In your puzzle, the top left corner has to touch the squares to the right and bottom. Then the square below has to touch the ones on the top and right. Go from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

what times are you getting for these scores? are you breaking 10 minutes?

durron597 11-22-2006 02:04 PM

Re: Net

818206, 11 min 12 sec, bleh

pudley4 11-22-2006 02:35 PM

Re: Net

847925

95/95 turns

8:31

durron597 11-22-2006 02:47 PM

Re: Net

[ QUOTE ]
847925

95/95 turns

8:31

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i was in the middle of an awesome run and my boss came by to tell me i could leave early hahahahahhahaah (i don't think he realized i was playing a stupid flash game)

Spook 11-22-2006 03:06 PM

Re: Net

gah, this is fun, the key is to work your way in and know that every nozzle needs to be connected for their to be a solution.

Spook 11-22-2006 03:15 PM

Re: Net

127/103/7:09
accuracy is not my strong point.

durron597 11-22-2006 03:16 PM

Re: Net

[ QUOTE ]
127/103/7:09
accuracy is not my strong point.

[/ QUOTE ]

what was the score? in my early experimentations score apparently is very based on turns

however when i just guess and come back i screw up a lot more often

edit: like screw up to a point where i have to redo everything to figure out what mistakes i made

Spook 11-22-2006 03:28 PM

Re: Net

I was in the 200 thousands.
so yeah, turns has a lot of impact

mute 11-22-2006 04:00 PM

Re: Net

100/98/18:28 Score 301573 on master. Quite fun, but I think doctor maybe a bit out of my league.

mute 11-22-2006 04:54 PM

Re: Net

Did it!

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/3522/netxp1.jpg

Spook 11-22-2006 05:45 PM

Re: Net

does your wrap around donut style?

durron597 11-22-2006 06:10 PM

Re: Net

congratulations

now break 1,000,000 points

mute 11-22-2006 07:01 PM

Re: Net

[ QUOTE ]
congratulations

now break 1,000,000 points

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, so all I need to do is shave a little more than 15 minutes off my time, and not make any mistakes? I think, I'll pass. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Got 170K in my second attempt, though, so I am improving.

ScottHoward 11-22-2006 07:07 PM

Re: Net

is it possible to hit 1mil without playing wrap style?

durron597 11-22-2006 07:08 PM

Re: Net

[ QUOTE ]
is it possible to hit 1mil without playing wrap style?

[/ QUOTE ]

i doubt it

mute 11-22-2006 08:11 PM

Re: Net

[ QUOTE ]
I was in the 200 thousands.
so yeah, turns has a lot of impact

[/ QUOTE ]

To give an idea of how much impact, I just did one in about 25 min. again (sigh) but with only one extra turn (compared to 8 in my first try) and scored 403K.

soah 11-23-2006 07:16 AM

Re: Net

Turns: 98
Minimum Required: 99

820k points, 11:13

5 AM might not be a good time to start messing around with wrap mode though.

durron597 11-23-2006 07:40 AM

Re: Net

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/7199/net2so5.png

durron597 11-23-2006 08:20 AM

Re: Net

[ QUOTE ]
Turns: 98
Minimum Required: 99

820k points, 11:13

5 AM might not be a good time to start messing around with wrap mode though.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG

wrap doesn't add to your score, what a waste, this was a pretty bad run too considering

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/2254/net3ix9.png

soah 11-23-2006 08:30 AM

Re: Net

What are you talking about? That screenshot is Master level still.

soah 11-23-2006 08:31 AM

Re: Net

For some reason I decided to play at Doctor instead of going to bed. Made mistakes and ended up with terrible scores twice, but I'm starting to get the hang of it hopefully.

chuckleslovakian 11-23-2006 09:13 AM

Re: Net

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...ian/lolnet.jpg

soah 11-23-2006 09:45 AM

Re: Net

[ QUOTE ]
wrap doesn't add to your score, what a waste, this was a pretty bad run too considering

[/ QUOTE ]

omg this is true. 95/95 in 20:34 on Doctor, only got 770k points for it.

mute 11-23-2006 12:18 PM

Re: Net

I doubt, that I can improve much on this:

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/2046/net2bk7.jpg

RoundTower 11-23-2006 12:53 PM

Re: Net

Doctor seems ridiculously hard, do you really not get points for it? I doubt I can improve much on this. Note the number of turns taken.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...tower/net2.jpg

durron597 11-23-2006 02:56 PM

Re: Net

man, i just did it in what would have been 5:06 less one move if i hadn't made a mistake without realizing it, blah

RoundTower 11-23-2006 06:45 PM

Re: Net

OK I'm pretty sure now it is scored out of 1 million and probably you need to do it in 0 seconds to get a million. Also based on chuck's result I'm not sure if doing it in under the min number of turns gets you a bonus.
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...tower/net5.jpg

durron597 11-24-2006 04:00 AM

Re: Net

so i guess under 4 minutes = 1 million?

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3506/net4re7.png

soah 11-24-2006 07:43 AM

Re: Net

101/101 in 8:31 on Doctor.

chuckleslovakian 11-24-2006 09:56 AM

Re: Net

woot 1 mil
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...an/lolnet2.jpg

durron597 11-24-2006 05:56 PM

Re: Net

woot chucklespwnd

http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/5928/net5yg1.png

durron597 11-24-2006 05:57 PM

Re: Net

BTW, I emailed the guy who wrote the game to get the scoring math:

> I was wondering why your "Net" flash game doesn't give bonus points
> for solving it with wrap... much harder!

The idea was that you try to get higher score within the category
(kid...master). Although you could get better score easily with nowrap,
you'd be in one category lower.

> Still questing to break
> 1,000,000 points... what algorithm does the scoring use? Thanks!

The formula is the following:

TimeBonus = [seconds spent to solve puzzle]/[minimum turns];
If TimeBonus<1, then TimeBonus=1
(so, the more seconds spent, the higher the number)
TimeBonus = 500000/TimeBonus
(so, the maximum TimeBonus is 500000. The theoretical, but unrealistic,
minimum - zero)

TurnBonus = [number or turns made]-[minimum turns];
If TurnBonus<0, then TurnBonus=0 (no bonus is given for "beating" minimum
turns - it's more like glitch than shows smartness of player)
(so, the more "extra" turns made, the higher the number)
TurnBonus = 500000/(TurnBonus+1);
(so, tha maximum TurnBonus is 500000. If you are just one turn beyond the
minimum, you are penalized big time - the TurnBonus is 250000)

TotalBonus = (TurnBonus + TimeBonus) X [Total number of tiles] / 100
(so, the greater board you play, the larger the score)

There is another version (next) of the game in development, but I haven't
finished it and haven't touched it for about 3 years. Just no time. So,
maybe in future there will be one. It has scoring completely redone.

Pavils

soah 11-25-2006 10:31 AM

Re: Net

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n...even99/net.jpg