Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Tag donk vs. A-high (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=508724)

Leader 09-25-2007 12:30 AM

Tag donk vs. A-high

I recognize villain as a TAG. His stats haven't come up yet though.

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4.5SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero...

What's the plan here? I don't really understand his range here. Maybe some bad K's, some T's, some str8 draws, and some PP's? Thoughts?

PS I don't know what villain had, but let's say it's JT. Any merit to the play?

Scary_Tiger 09-25-2007 12:36 AM

Re: Tag donk vs. A-high

Any merit to what play? Folding? Yes. There are some flops I would peel to a donk with A7... KT2r is not one of them.

HOWMANY 09-25-2007 12:46 AM

They'd have to be donking into me every single flop basically for me to consider something other than folding here.

Leader 09-25-2007 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any merit to what play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Him donking with JT

[ QUOTE ]
Folding? Yes. There are some flops I would peel to a donk with A7... KT2r is not one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this is kind of what I figured well after I screwed the hand up [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

XXsooted 09-25-2007 04:37 AM

I think first time they do it it's a fold, but usually if you fold to one bet on the flop they'll keep doing it against you, so you'd probably have to get to the showdown the next time this situation occurs and see what he did it with. In general I think mix up folding flop and getting to showdown.

sharpie 09-25-2007 04:50 AM

If you always fold without a pair or draw he can bet any 2 getting 4.5 to 1 and show a profit. However I'd just give it up the first time.

I can't really see any merit to donking JT unless he's balancing his donking strategy. I never donk this flop but maybe I should.

kiddo 09-25-2007 06:03 AM

I agree with most that first time its a fold. But I also think that if he had T or K he would normally checkraise, so I would often guess draw or draw + bottom pair or a small pocketpair lower then Ts and not high enough to 3bet preflop. People dont donk pairs as high as T, do they?

If flop was 2flush I really would like to go to showdown and see what he is doing and hope he got a draw, even if I guess we still should fold first time.

XXsooted 09-25-2007 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People dont donk pairs as high as T, do they?

[/ QUOTE ]

People do. In my experience, it is much more rare for a player to donk 2nd or top pair the 2nd time than for them to do the same thing the first time, since they usually will be afraid you'll fold the 2nd time. That said, I agree with you that in general it's more often a draw than a pair, so I don't hate a call down the first time, but would prefer to just fold

Leader 09-25-2007 07:16 PM

For those that call here sometimes, turn is a blank; river is a Q. Any thoughts of folding?

Scary_Tiger 09-25-2007 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For those that call here sometimes, turn is a blank; river is a Q. Any thoughts of folding?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um yes?