Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Aruba main event hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=515600)

bugstud 10-04-2007 02:03 PM

Aruba main event hand

Like the 6th hand of 50/100, I've played the previous 5 pots and won all 5, showing AK once and maybe TT another time, I don't recall exactly. First level of 25/50 I was kinda active but not overly so.

Villian in this hand has played one pot of note, raising 3 limpers and the sb completion 325 more @25/50, only the utg limper calling, betting 1500 on 832r flop, utg made it 4500 and he snap shoved. OTher guy tanked and folded. He has like 20kish right now. He's played a lot of pots but I haven't seen him reraise much. He hasn't shown anything down except when he was called and he had the best hand.

I open UTG+1 with KdKs to 300, folds to him in late middle and he makes it 1k, folds to me and I call.
Flop J73r, I check/call 2k

Turn 2h putting 2 up, I c/c 3k

River 8c, I check he shoves. What should I call here? Like 7k effective for me.

Call/fold range and how have I played my hand so far for some of these hands?

edit - I suck at not revealing holecards. anyway, call or not call, and do you like the line. also, one of the hands was when almost no one was at the table yet because everyone is slow getting back from break.

g-p 10-04-2007 02:13 PM

Re: Aruba main event hand

hes not going to slowdown with queens against the guy who just played the last 5 hands, right?

djk123 10-04-2007 02:14 PM

well i dont know if you meant to but you said your cards. once you call the flop i'd say ur range is 33,77,JJ+. not sure if u would/should raise any of these on the flop? i think the worst hand i call the river shove with is KK

chim17 10-04-2007 02:15 PM

Did you mean to say your hand? Looks like you changed your mind and missed an edit.

Eagles 10-04-2007 02:19 PM

Anyone else crai turn?

bugstud 10-04-2007 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else crai turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about it and wondered if this limits his range more than calling anc checking riv?

JMSlick 10-04-2007 02:35 PM

How many chips do you have?

bugstud 10-04-2007 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many chips do you have?

[/ QUOTE ]

like 7 more on river ~13 to start hand

Eagles 10-04-2007 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else crai turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about it and wondered if this limits his range more than calling anc checking riv?

[/ QUOTE ]
Bugstud,
I think crai turn is much better than c/c. I think if I c/c the turn i c/f the river(barring a live read that he's bluffing). Its just I think a lot of his weak made hands he's much more likely to look up your turn crai then bet three streets.

bugstud 10-04-2007 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else crai turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Bugstud,
I think crai turn is much better than c/c. I think if I c/c the turn i c/f the river(barring a live read that he's bluffing). Its just I think a lot of his weak made hands he's much more likely to look up your turn crai then bet three streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did fold the river and hated it.