Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Razz 0.5/1 on Stars: played correctly? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=435476)

tx4allthefish 06-25-2007 08:04 AM

Razz 0.5/1 on Stars: played correctly?

Only sat for 1 orbit and dont know any of the players.
Table vpip was about 50% so it was not typical for
everyone to fold round like this.

How often would people limp 3rd and try and let the bring-in
catch on 4th ? My default is never as it looks suspicious to me
if someone doesnt auto raise here.

4th seemed automatic to me.

On 5th I can easily be behind and in a nasty card-catching spot.
He pretty much has to have 2 babies in the hole to have got this far.
Should I have given up?

On 6th and 7th I catch well enough to have to call down (IMO).
Correct?

Thanks for advice...

Tx.

Razz ($0.50/$1.00), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises

4th Street - (2.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises

5th Street - (4.40 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (6.40 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

River - (8.40 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

Total pot: (10.40 BB)

Distracted 06-25-2007 10:01 AM

Re: Razz 0.5/1 on Stars: played correctly?

4th: without specific reads, villain's raise strongly indicates A+small in this spot. IMO a bad play, it allows you only to better judge where you stand. I'm undecided about your reraise. Clearly, you're ahead here, and three possible bricks are dead (862). Still, I find it somewhat optimistic and on later streets it's getting more difficult to get away because of the pot odds.

5th: given the 4th street tell, I'd consider folding here, with calling a close second. Villain might hold A2, A4, A5, A6, possibly A7.

6th: Fold. You have T8 at this time and Villain pretty sure has 432A. If he holds a 5, a 6, a 7 or even an 8, you're dead. He might have bricked, but I don't think a T-low with a prospect of becoming an 8-low is any good.

7th: Ok. You're getting more than 9:1 and if he hit a brick to his hole card A kicker and the river didn't help that's fine. (again, without reads, he might also be a terrible player, be on tilt etc.)

Does this make sense?

Distracted

tx4allthefish 06-25-2007 12:14 PM

Thanks. Any discussion is appreciated.

[ QUOTE ]
4th: without specific reads, villain's raise strongly indicates A+small in this spot. IMO a bad play, it allows you only to better judge where you stand. I'm undecided about your reraise. Clearly, you're ahead here, and three possible bricks are dead (862). Still, I find it somewhat optimistic and on later streets it's getting more difficult to get away because of the pot odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really didnt give 4th much thought as I figured I was solidly ahead here.
I just 2dimes'd it now, giving him A2 in the hole, and I'm 2:1 favourite.
Surely I should be raising here ??

The K on 5th was really one of the worst cards to catch, apart from pairing
my board, as anything else would have looked super-scary to opp.

[ QUOTE ]

5th: given the 4th street tell, I'd consider folding here, with calling a close second. Villain might hold A2, A4, A5, A6, possibly A7.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps the big mistake was here. I'm still not sure...

I feel these are very standard Razz situations that I dont
100% understand.

[ QUOTE ]

6th: Fold. You have T8 at this time and Villain pretty sure has 432A. If he holds a 5, a 6, a 7 or even an 8, you're dead. He might have bricked, but I don't think a T-low with a prospect of becoming an 8-low is any good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. If I credit him with 2 unpaired babies I'm 100% toast here.
I guess without knowing how he is playing I should give up here
every time. If he is a tilt-monkey/awful I can continue but only then.

[ QUOTE ]

7th: Ok. You're getting more than 9:1 and if he hit a brick to his hole card A kicker and the river didn't help that's fine. (again, without reads, he might also be a terrible player, be on tilt etc.)

Does this make sense?

Distracted

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, thanks.

Tx.

WhiteWolf 06-25-2007 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not re-raising when you are guaranteed to be a huge favorite would be a crime against humanity. We maximize our profit when we punish irrationally aggressive players for their optimism.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, he's probably ahead here, but he only has a K-high. Even if he's perfect, we're only a 2-1 dog and we are getting better that 5-1 on a call. Folding here would be another crime against humanity.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This analysis is better. There is indeed a decent chance we are drawing dead. However, given our opponent's aggressive tendencies, I think his bet doesn't necessarily mean he's not paired. If we call down, we'll be risking 2 to win 8. This I think is the toughest street, but I'm also leaning towards a fold.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Given that we've made it this far, I agree we need to call.

Distracted 06-25-2007 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I just 2dimes'd it now

[/ QUOTE ]

Ehm, wow, I had to look that 2dimes thing up at google. Looks amazing!

[ QUOTE ]

giving him A2 in the hole, and I'm 2:1 favourite

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, that's way better than I had thought. Gonna fiddle about with that simulator some time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thx for clarifying!

@WhiteWolf Thx for commenting. "crime against humanity" - that really rang the bell for me, seems I'm too pessimistic in my assumptions. Also, I'll find some spot to unleash that quote upon my poker buddies, hehe [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

CarlosChadha 06-25-2007 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This analysis is better. There is indeed a decent chance we are drawing dead. However, given our opponent's aggressive tendencies, I think his bet doesn't necessarily mean he's not paired. If we call down, we'll be risking 2 to win 8. This I think is the toughest street, but I'm also leaning towards a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

If his raise on 4th reliably indicate that he has 2 wheel card in the hole, then there is a very high chance that he paired one of them and our pot equity is 55.2% . If we assume that he has 2 cards under 7 in the hole, then we are doing worse and only have 71.7% equity. Even in the worse case that he has two cards less than 8 in the hole, we have 74% equity.

So, assuming that he will bet even all the time when he is paired, given the large pot size a call on 6th is in order.