Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   100NL : Folding out better hands on the turn? And Flop hand ranges. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=549575)

TPTK77 11-19-2007 06:00 AM

100NL : Folding out better hands on the turn? And Flop hand ranges.

Villain is 11/8/3 over 84 hands. Hasn't gone out of line at the table. I have 22/15/6/

There are two questions I have:

1) What is Villains calling range on the flop to the check-raise?
2) What is your play on the turn once villain calls? Can you fold out medium pair by double barreling.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $111.60
MP: $77.15
CO: $47.70
BTN: $101.90
SB: $106.75
BB: $183.85

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, 2 folds, BTN calls $3.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($8.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $6</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $20</font>, BTN calls $14

Turn: ($48.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)

Hero ????

Irishman07 11-19-2007 06:25 AM

Re: 100NL : Folding out better hands on the turn? And Flop hand ranges

His calling range is mostly pp's, anything from 6's on up. It's also possible he has a suited connector, with either trips or a straight draw. Betting this turn is not good as you will most likely not fold out a lot of his range unless he is really weak.

C/raising this flop is not a very good idea unless you have a specific read that he will fold marginal overpairs. Most players at this level will not fold to the first raise and a lot of times not even to a second barrel, especially an innocent card like the one that hit. I'd only second barrel if a face card or a club hit.

In this spot I'd rather b/f or just c/f.

chris269 11-19-2007 06:26 AM

Why do you c/r as the preflop aggressor? Once he called it you are either drawing dead or to 6, but unclear outs.

Just cbet this flop, I don't thinks this guy bluffraises you.

immesan 11-19-2007 07:51 AM

would you play TT+ in the same way? and why would you ever cr on that board if you had a good hand.. its way to dry...i can see a lot of s/m PPīs hanging around on flop but folding a lot to a second barrel..so play it like you would play TT+..and if vill floats a lot bet flop c/r turn

TPTK77 11-19-2007 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
would you play TT+ in the same way? and why would you ever cr on that board if you had a good hand..

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I decided to check raise this board is because I had done the same exact play previously before and after he called my check raise on the flop, just went for 2 more streets of value on the river. This had occurred in the same session, at the same table. I believed the opponent to have a memory of that hand, and would fold the smaller-mid pairs on the flop because of the fact that last time I showed AA. Let me know what you think of this evaluation. Thanks.

Suigin406 11-19-2007 10:41 AM

i don't get too fancy here imo, bet flop, he usually folds

Unknown Soldier 11-19-2007 10:44 AM

what the hell are you doing on the flop?

Chicago Twister 11-19-2007 12:09 PM

One of my least favorite spots. I think you have to play it the way you would play QQ. Which is to say bet/re-raise.

shandyboy 11-19-2007 12:15 PM

villain is not folding to any turn bet, the 3 is such a blank card.

with villains nitty nit stats he has an overpair a lot here, and he is not folding it on a 3 turn.

b/f the flop.
double barrel if a scare card hits.

i really dislike c/r the flop tbh.