Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Party 5/10. Something I have never done. Spew? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=415632)

Oink 05-30-2007 01:49 PM

Party 5/10. Something I have never done. Spew?

Reads

UTG is 20/10 and bad

UTG+1 is 60/10/1 mega fish. Peels very lightly postflop but can definetely raise.

BTN is multitabling TAG. One of the many German 22/18 TAGs at party which I have very little respect for. (Most of them suck postflop, but I hate germans so take it for what its worth)

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (13SB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button </font>THINKS LONG AND<font color="#cc0000"> raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9.5BB, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>

My prime objective was to fold BTN. I am not 100% sure, but fairly certain he will fold Qx without redraws.

I think I have UTG+1 beat pretty often as he would raise a Q on the flop. And if he calls I have 11 outs a lot.

EDIT: Oh, and flop call is not standard for me. I did it only b/c BTN thought long. Feel free to comment that play as well

Dunno, I have never bluff raised 2 villains on turn before. good or spew?

yourface 05-30-2007 02:17 PM

Re: Party 5/10. Something I have never done. Spew?

flop call is fine. set outs+backdoor draws, and you're ahead a very small % of the time when button is raising a flush draw.

on the turn you're turning your hand into a bluff vs button. based on your read if you get called you are dead even if a heart comes off, you're drawing to a 9 only. if you get reraised, you have to fold. if button calls your c/r, you have to fold a non-9 river.

heads up I think that if will actually fold all those QX hands (unlikely IMO, but you say in your read he probably will) the bluff is profitable. you are getting ~5:1 on your bluff and JQ AQ no heart makes up more than enough of his range (I put his range at [JQ KQ AQ A9hh-AJhh]).

having utg+1 in the hand makes it more complicated. but as you said, you're ahead of him a lot and you usually have outs if not.

meh I think it is OK the way you present it. I would never make this play though because noone in my games would ever fold a Q there.