Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   1/2 CO vs BB: Comments on all streets pls (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=358982)

Noir_Desir 03-19-2007 05:10 PM

1/2 CO vs BB: Comments on all streets pls

Villain is 14,5/9,1/5,0 VPIP/PFR/AF on not much hands

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

I peel the flop with an overcard + backdoor straight and flushdraws. I catch a pair on the turn and call down. Standard?

tyler_cracker 03-19-2007 10:32 PM

Re: 1/2 CO vs BB: Comments on all streets pls

if you trust your read, this guy is tight and fit-or-fold. against that type of opponent, you should probably fold to the flop c/r.

do you know anything else? can his c/r be a flush draw? how does he behave in steal/defense situations?

since this is a steal/defense situation, i think calling down is ok once you improve on the turn.

LrdNikon 03-20-2007 12:43 AM

I'm not sure I like the calldown here and I may have gotten rid of it on the flop. I realize you don't have too much of a read on villain, but I would respect the c/r in a not-so-big pot. I don't like your one over card to the board and the backdoor draws enough.

I don't feel like your tens are good.

Were they?

Noir_Desir 03-20-2007 05:19 AM

I give the results a little bit later, wait for some more opinions first.

I played lots of shorthanded holdem recently, maybe thats why i dont respect flop checkraises on boards like this anymore. But i was spewing a bit too much recently and decided to play full ring for a while to cool down.

James. 03-20-2007 10:33 AM

your sample is too small to fold once you hit that pair on the turn. he could very well be c/r a hand like two diamonds or some pp on that flop. flop c/r don't mean crap any more. i would play it the same.

Mr. Orange 03-20-2007 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
flop c/r don't mean crap any more.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

So many people use this line in the blinds that it has become meaningless. I also think you should call down.

Noir_Desir 03-20-2007 12:10 PM

Thx guys.

I called down and Villain showed Td4d for a rivered flush. I didnt like the third diamond on the river but i dont think i can fold there.