Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   chopsticks, fried rice, white people (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553829)

tdarko 11-27-2007 01:04 AM

Re: chopsticks, fried rice, white people

[ QUOTE ]
also, fwiw, when we are at home, my wife will eat her steak (uncut) with chopsticks. she just stabs it down the middle with both sticks and eats it like a steak-on-a-stick

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I would care but stabbing or even pointing w/ chopsticks is considered bad etiquette.

MC Chris 11-27-2007 01:25 AM

you thought only little kids ordered chicken fried rice?

tdarko 11-27-2007 01:31 AM

MC Chris,

Yea, I have never seen an adult order chicken fried rice as a meal, that is weird, that is what kids get b/c they think Asian food is gross and it is the only thing they will eat. Adults order a real meal, chicken fried rice isn't a real meal it is a lot of a side order w/ chicken in it.

Shoe 11-27-2007 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the people's choice for Best Chinese Food is (drum roll) P.F. Chang's.

[/ QUOTE ]

P.F. Chang's is not bad, but they are far from the best Chinese food. They are average/mediocre at best.

MC Chris 11-27-2007 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
MC Chris,

Yea, I have never seen an adult order chicken fried rice as a meal, that is weird, that is what kids get b/c they think Asian food is gross and it is the only thing they will eat. Adults order a real meal, chicken fried rice isn't a real meal it is a lot of a side order w/ chicken in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah i see what you were saying now. sometimes i just get a craving for chicken fried rice specifically and will get it. other times if i'm there with a bunch of friends we'll all pick out some entrees and get a side of fried rice to share.

MC Chris 11-27-2007 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

P.F. Chang's is not bad, but they are far from the best Chinese food. They are average/mediocre at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've only been there once, but i think i would call it "good to very good". it's nothing that will blow you away, but it was certainly better than mediocre at best.

Shoe 11-27-2007 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i've only been there once, but i think i would call it "good to very good". it's nothing that will blow you away, but it was certainly better than mediocre at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree it is fairly good chinese, just not mind-blowing chines (which I have had before). It's a chain, which means everything will be decent (usually), However, there will be much better options out there if you look around. In my area, there are 2-3 chinese restuarants that blow P.F. Chang's out of the water.

Maybe I'm lucky, but I doubt it.

MC Chris 11-27-2007 01:57 AM

nah i think we are in agreement.

AlexM 11-27-2007 02:08 AM

I never get offered a fork at a Chinese restaurant. Weird.

Oski 11-27-2007 02:18 AM

Nobody answered before, but I think this is the right place to ask:

Is there cheese in China?