Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   QQ on paired flop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=471350)

Wintergedaerm 08-07-2007 06:58 AM

QQ on paired flop

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $21.11
Hero (BB): $192.75
UTG: $213.11
CO: $103.00
BTN: $151.74

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $4.00</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $14.00</font>, UTG calls $10.00

Flop: ($28.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $20.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $56.00</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $104.50

Villain over 150 hands at 21/14/10

I hate bet/folding this flop
but still prefer it over bet/shove.

is check/raise here better?
and what if he shoves my check raise?

I opted for the fold because of the deep stacks and the position.
the negative implied odds concept applies here i think.

Wintergedaerm 08-07-2007 07:00 AM

Re: QQ on paired flop

what about bet call -&gt; check/fold turn?
i cant see the advantage in this line

BetYourLife 08-07-2007 07:32 AM

If you call flop you can't fold on the turn when blank hits.
Decide on the flop if you are going to invest your stack or muck. I think muck is best here. UTG can easily hav JJ, KK, AA. Neither AJ nor 55 I believe. If he bluffs me than ok, but I think we are behind more often.

danped 08-07-2007 07:35 AM

Its a horrible spot but I like to lead out here, the trouble is he might do this with mid pocket pairs and you have him beat.

Depending on how likely I think he is to be able to make this move and how likely he is to bet the turn as a bluff I sometimes fold and sometimes call this and take my time to check the turn to him. If he then bets the turn as well its a fold, but often if he is finding out if his pp is good he will check behind. Also how often are you c-betting in his view?

gimmetheloot 08-07-2007 08:16 AM

yo a flop check here is fine...
also uh, he has AA/KK/JJ here go ahead and fold

Shes92 08-07-2007 08:26 AM

Is that an AF of 10??? Doesnt this warrant closer consideration for a shove. I think villain could have any pocket pair here or AJ (possibly JT,QJ or KJ)or even a flush draw. I do think its a close call but I think we are ahead here often enough to warrant a push. I dont like a call on the flop cos we're in the same crappy situation on the turn and so its muck the flop or push for me.

dragonystic 08-07-2007 03:27 PM

against an opponent like this, im calling the flop raise, and re evaluating the turn. he looks super aggro, cant let him run you over.