Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Most retarded tournament player ever (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=537158)

Sniiii 11-02-2007 07:08 PM

Most retarded tournament player ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_idnY8czeQ&NR=1

Sigh @ Beth. She's like screaming out she has aces when there's still one decision to be made. Her IQ must be so low.

KSOT 11-02-2007 07:26 PM

Re: Most retarded tournament player ever

You're talking about yourself, right?

Sniiii 11-02-2007 07:44 PM

No, as stated, I was talking about Beth. If you read through the post again, you might figure.

checktowin 11-02-2007 08:32 PM

definitely a strange reaction.

Hipsdontlie69 11-02-2007 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_idnY8czeQ&NR=1

Sigh @ Beth. She's like screaming out she has aces when there's still one decision to be made. Her IQ must be so low.

[/ QUOTE ]
she sure looks dumb but she got more money than u.

crystalallen 11-02-2007 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was talking about Beth.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were talking about Beth? I thought you meant the guy calling with KK when two players go all in and start doing the happy dance all over the place.

futuredoc85 11-02-2007 11:19 PM

sounds like a trick question. i didnt fall for it!

Hollywade 11-03-2007 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
she sure looks dumb but her husband got more money than u.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Hollywade 11-03-2007 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sigh @ Beth. She's like screaming out she has aces when there's still one decision to be made.

[/ QUOTE ]

We've been over this in another thread. Completely classless and way out of line. Her husband also needs to shut the [censored] up instead of asking her across the room if she has aces. Hellmuth was approaching the line, but the Shaks crossed it. Embarrassing. At least it should be.

Sniiii 11-03-2007 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You were talking about Beth? I thought you meant the guy calling with KK when two players go all in and start doing the happy dance all over the place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, he deserves a retardation prize for that call as well. But Beth was way out of line, dancing and screaming, making the entire room sure that she had aces. He still called, of course. Would have been so entertaining if he hit a king.

CnC 11-03-2007 11:26 AM

Phil is a social retard ... so I did not expect much from him.

Beth was out of line ... but her husband told the guy with Poc Kings he was a huge under dog.

The guy with Poc Kings ... wtf?

BryanC 11-03-2007 12:19 PM

OMFG that was disgusting

Rushmore 11-03-2007 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OMFG that was disgusting

[/ QUOTE ]

If, by "disgusting," you mean "a fairly accurate representation of what tournament poker has become, both skill-wise and otherwise," then, yes--disgusting, indeed!

Every time I try to talk myself into getting on a plane to go to a big tournament, I ultimately fail nowadays.

It all just, well...sucks, you know?

crystalallen 11-03-2007 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, he deserves a retardation prize for that call as well. But Beth was way out of line, dancing and screaming, making the entire room sure that she had aces. He still called, of course. Would have been so entertaining if he hit a king.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that was an ugly display. She was hurting herself more than anything though. Too bad the guy couldn't take a hint.
Has he ever heard of a tell?

romdom 11-03-2007 01:55 PM

best part...Beth shak flashing an "aces" sign with hands to crowd, as hellmuth does his patented shove, then poor donkey calls with kings.

Sniiii 11-03-2007 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OMFG that was disgusting

[/ QUOTE ]

If, by "disgusting," you mean "a fairly accurate representation of what tournament poker has become, both skill-wise and otherwise," then, yes--disgusting, indeed!

Every time I try to talk myself into getting on a plane to go to a big tournament, I ultimately fail nowadays.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't agree more.

romdom 11-03-2007 01:58 PM

but, beth shak gets a pass for hotness, and that nasty northeastern accent, and she's dumb, all very hot.

Sniiii 11-03-2007 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but, beth shak gets a pass for hotness, and that nasty northeastern accent, and she's dumb, all very hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dumb != hot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
She is quite fine, but her retarded behavior throws her abit down the rating scale.

romdom 11-03-2007 02:01 PM

and the kid get's a pass cuz he's never been there before, so the biggest d bag award goes to hellmuth for the 58923789327489279th straight time.

BryanC 11-03-2007 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMFG that was disgusting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I find it very sad, and the worst part is that this behaviour is tolerated because it makes for good TV... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

waldo027 11-03-2007 02:58 PM

Her hand should have been killed for taking the cards off the table.

Micro Donk 11-03-2007 03:12 PM

its funny that probably 80% of the people who flame him for calling KK would have instacalled themselves

sucks he gets the donkey title because he posted on 2p2 his thought process...he knew hellmuth had exactly aces, but hellmuth had quite a short stack compared to himself and shak (hellmuth 110k area, shak and richey over 500k each). so its not exactly easy to put shak on exactly aces either when you know someone has them...he did go on to say he didnt see shak (i think thats what he said), and in hindsight he probably should have folded but it was still a tough spot

im not defending the call im giving his reasoning

Bonified 11-03-2007 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I find it very sad, and the worst part is that this behaviour is encouraged because it makes for good TV...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what's really sad. Hellmuth's reward for acting with zero respect for anyone ever is a pass to the TV table in this event (ESPN cut short the bubble because he was short-stacked 10 handed). And now, plain as you like, Sam Grizzle's on the next series of PAD because he is a douche. For no other reason. This is what it's come to.

Papi Shasho 11-03-2007 04:27 PM

Maybe he didn't see her, all I know is if he folded and a king hit, the people here would be singing a different tune. "That's why you never fold kings preflop, blah blah blah".

inyourface 11-03-2007 05:26 PM

I do feel bad for the guy, tough (but not impossible laydown) on what may have been his first WSOP table knowing it will be broadcast.

I'd probably fold though ONLY because of the circus act behind him.

Se7enTwo 11-03-2007 06:10 PM

What did they record that video on ? A 1982 Sony Beta-Max?

BTW. Didn't Shak finish 2nd in that?

BryanC 11-03-2007 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

Yeah I find it very sad, and the worst part is that this behaviour is encouraged because it makes for good TV...

That's what's really sad. Hellmuth's reward for acting with zero respect for anyone ever is a pass to the TV table in this event (ESPN cut short the bubble because he was short-stacked 10 handed). And now, plain as you like, Sam Grizzle's on the next series of PAD because he is a douche. For no other reason. This is what it's come to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you imagine hellmuths reaction if he was the dude with Ks in that situation ? I think the guy deserves alot of credit for keeping his cool I know I for one would find that very difficult

IMO this kind of behaviour should be punnishible in some way maybe a chip deduction or something along those lines. Im not saying everyone who jumps around or acts a fool should be punnished but I think its clearly needed for extreme cases such as this there needs to be a line drawn somewhere.

tschoa 11-06-2007 03:40 AM

Why is it so bad for the guy, that they both acted like that ? I would prefer this kind of behaviour of my opponents when they are allin instead of of some chris ferguson style where i get as much information as when im playing online. I dont say you can be sure you are behind when hellmuth and the girl acting like that, but it can help cant it

Perestroika 11-06-2007 09:34 AM

Thats the kind of girl I love. Really hot, possibly not the brightest melon in the world but probably has mad fun and lets the guy stay dominate. FU:

SpaceJanitor 11-06-2007 11:05 AM

The guy who still couldn't muck his kings was pretty stupid too though...

markksman 11-06-2007 01:17 PM

I would have paid 1 million dollars to see a King come up on the river.

Daliman 11-06-2007 02:05 PM

Of course, a reprehensible display from Beth Shak, but I DID like the fake boob flash she made. Would make a good avatar.....

Phil's actually wasn't too terrible from what I saw, but then again, maybe I missed some of it in Beth's grandstanding, as I;m far more interested in looking at her.

MadeHand 11-06-2007 09:02 PM

That whole performance was one giant tellbox, bring it on is what I say.

Arnold_O 11-06-2007 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but, beth shak gets a pass for hotness,

[/ QUOTE ]

agree.

beth has an absolutely smoking body. i'm talking flawless just like the rest of her.

since she got caught up in the excitement which would be easy to do and that she was only hurting herself she's innocent of all charges

edit: the little stripper moves were hot as hell

SuperUberBob 11-07-2007 03:52 AM

plastic surgery ftw

eightballa 11-07-2007 06:25 AM

Beth is one of the best high stakes omaha players in the world. A few of the HS guys here know here SN on FTP....

Daddy Warbucks 11-07-2007 07:08 AM

I decided to google image her to see if she actually is good looking(seen as you can't make it out in the video) and i happen across this picture. Glimpse into TR's future?

http://zonker.stanford.edu/~perry/im...id_smaller.jpg

yellovizion 11-07-2007 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Beth is one of the best high stakes omaha players in the world. A few of the HS guys here know here SN on FTP....

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. hellmuth looks the least retarded and most classy.

yellovizion 11-07-2007 05:32 PM

Look at this. lmao, "If I could change anything in the world: Health care for everyone !!! no terminal illness for children.... 100% cure rate for cancer" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Arnold_O 11-07-2007 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look at this. lmao, "If I could change anything in the world: Health care for everyone !!! no terminal illness for children.... 100% cure rate for cancer" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If I could change anything in the poker world: Please everyone shower...It's a long day at the tables

[/ QUOTE ]

and brush your teeth too especially if you're a smoker. sat next to some guy a couple of weeks ago and he stunk so bad i dry heaved a couple of times. it was the cigarette smoke on top of halitosis on top of rotting flesh