Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   AJ turn play (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558748)

orange 12-01-2007 03:48 PM

AJ turn play

Hero is playing relatively taggish.

SB (main villan) seems relatively tight. He's like 17/12 over a smallish sample and we played one hand together-

I open JJ utg, villan calls otb, sb (short tard) shoves AI for $15, I call, villan calls. we check down on AQxxx board and villan had TT (shorty eventually won the hand with AK). so he might be a bit tagfish variety.

hero has been playing a solid tag game.

BTN is of no relevance and not a very good player. Thoughts here? (main villan is SB).

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $37.30
MP: $100
Hero (CO): $101
BTN: $124.45
SB: $78.50
BB: $55.55

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4</font>, BTN calls $4, SB calls $3.50, BB folds

Flop: ($13) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($13) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $5</font>, <font color="red">Hero ...?

Worm75 12-01-2007 03:56 PM

Re: AJ turn play

Bet looks really weak, either that or he is trying to induce. A lot of times this is a draw picked up on the turn though, where they are trying to either take the pot down or get to the river with their draw cheaply.

However I don't see what option hero has other than flat-calling cheaply and hoping to hit your 2 overcards/fdraw, though because if the guy can hand read and has something like a small pp, he's not folding after you checked through a drawy flop.

nazahl 12-01-2007 04:00 PM

really dont think he's gonna fold a pair at this point... so not really a fan. looks like more often than not youre just gonna end up charging urself more to draw or if you're anything like me do something really silly on the river like bluff shove any card over a ten to get him off his pair of fives or w/e.

orange 12-01-2007 04:27 PM

i have the nut flush draw, do you guys call here or raise? or just dump?

jlocdog 12-01-2007 04:51 PM

Call.

You don't necessarily want to to fold out a pair here. You may have more value in keeping the BTN around. And actually, your hand won't be tranpsarent specifically because you keep the BTN around.

fees 12-01-2007 05:03 PM

callllllalalalall

Jay Riall 12-01-2007 05:14 PM

Don't see why you think the way he played the first hand indicates him as a tagfish? I'd call the turn in the AJ hand since you don't really rep jack-[censored] and calling could very well keep the player behind you in with a weaker club draw.

K-Slay 12-01-2007 05:18 PM

I'd lean towards calling, and raising is my least favorite option. I think potentially keeping the player behind you plus a lot of outs make it a call.

I'm also curious why you labeled him a tagfish based on that hand, my curiosity is from ignorance, not disagreement.