Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   FW 20/40 hand vs. Nick M. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=236025)

34TheTruth34 10-14-2006 01:50 AM

FW 20/40 hand vs. Nick M.

Foxwoods 20/40. A horribly loose regular limps UTG, another horribly loose regular limps in MP, Nicky raises on the button, SB folds, I call in BB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], they call. Four way pot.

Flop J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Checked to Nick who bets, I call, others fold. Heads up.

Turn 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

I check, he checks.

River Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

I check with the intention of calling.

Bill King 10-14-2006 02:19 AM

Re: FW 20/40 hand vs. Nick M.

oooh... nicky?

i'm almost hesitant to say that you're hand is no good here.. b/c a lot of guys here dont know how ABC nicky plays.

c/c is the line i'd probably take but dont expect to win this very often at show down

private joker 10-14-2006 07:38 AM

I don't know Nicky, but against most regular passive live players I'm bet/folding this river.

jkamowitz 10-14-2006 08:07 AM

I think you played it fine, I dont know why Nicky bet this river.

Barry 10-14-2006 12:11 PM

I think that you need to bet this river. If you're planning on calling, you should bet. Nicky will most likely call here with TT or AK but will not bet them. He's not going to raise you w/ AQ.

The best part of the hand is if/when he calls and loses is his reaction to your hand.

colgin 10-14-2006 05:53 PM

Given this board and the action I think it is going to be difficult for you to win another BB on the river against a thinking player when you are ahead. However, I think your chances are much greater if you bet and hope to get called by AK or a worse pair than by check-calling.

I don't see how Nick value-bluffs with a hand you beat here. So, if you are going to put in one more I say bet, but fold to a raise.

Bill King 10-14-2006 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know Nicky, but against most regular passive live players I'm bet/folding this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's not really passive.. hes pretty TAG.. kinda nitty. he plays the FW 20/40 style game very well.. but in small HU thinking pots like this, he's nothing special IMO.

34TheTruth34 10-14-2006 08:48 PM

RESULTS

He did bet ace high, so it worked out well for me. The problem with betting here is that he never pays me off ever in spots like this.

I don't know if he's just playing ABC poker and has nothing or if I'm easily readable or what. I thought he'd never call with ace-king here. So I just hoped he'd value bet TT or try to steal it, which he did.

Of course, if he just bet the turn, he would have taken it down.

34TheTruth34 10-14-2006 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The best part of the hand is if/when he calls and loses is his reaction to your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I was hoping to get a "buy a keno ticket and a hot dog" or a "lock the doors", but he just grumbled. Big letdown. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

34TheTruth34 10-14-2006 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's been discussed on this forum several times before. He's the winningest player in the history of the 20/40 game at Foxwoods. He plays pretty TAG. He's certainly not a great poker player by any means, but plays this particular game very well and knows all of the regular players and their tendencies.