Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Bonuses (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   ipoker bonuses vs. the rest (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=552265)

TopSpartan 11-22-2007 02:22 PM

ipoker bonuses vs. the rest

Hi, I would be grateful if anyone with a bit of experience of working bonuses off could point me in the right direction. I am from the UK and built my bankroll playing PLO8b at Party and then worked off the sign up bonsus at Full Tilt.

I stumbled onto the ipoker network through a blog I read. So I’ve started to work my way from skin to skin, they all vary slightly in what they offer, but I’m very happy with the sign up bonus and some other bonuses they throw in along the way. The best thing is that I earn points on every raked hand in which I am dealt cards, this doesn’t penalise me for playing tight. The main problem is lack of games, but that is a problem with PLO8b at any site outside of Poker Stars or Full Tilt.

I was thinking of taking another slice of my bankroll and using it to work off sign up bonuses on other networks. So I would be effectively multi tabling across networks. I have checked out microgaming (32 Red) and ongame (Mansion) , both sites offer sign up bonuses but only award points to those players who contribute to a raked hand.

So my question is, would it be cost effective for me to try to work off the full bonuses considering realistically I will only be able to play 1x $100 & 1x $200 at a time for approx 25 hours a week? Maths is not my strong point but my gut feeling is probably not. I am happy with the size of my bankroll and see sign up bonuses as the equivalent of a short term rake reduction. Should I at this point be content with the ipoker bonuses and look to sites that offer rake back as my next step?

guillaumezur 11-22-2007 03:11 PM

Re: ipoker bonuses vs. the rest

lol ;i am a plo8 player too and was in the same situation last year with lack of traffic in this game , so i mademy way whoring site to site

shot me a pm , i ll tell u which site u can find action on omaha high low and to fin

u are true in one thing, except pokerstars and full tilt this is not often u find a site when u can multitable

thisnamedoesntfi 11-22-2007 05:09 PM

Do some bonuses through PSO and Savvy, they offer great value. As far as networks OnGame have very good bonuses, and although you need to contribute to the pot, are still easy to clear, particularly Towers 5x $200. Check out the rakeback forums and make a post requesting rakeback offers before joining Tower.

Hollywood also offers some good sign up bonuses (do them through PSO) at 6x points. You wont need to change your game to clear these easily enough, compared to iPoker they clear fairly fast imo.

Microgaming would be one of my last choices personally.

Bobo Fett 11-22-2007 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do some bonuses through PSO and Savvy, they offer great value. As far as networks OnGame have very good bonuses, and although you need to contribute to the pot, are still easy to clear, particularly Towers 5x $200. Check out the rakeback forums and make a post requesting rakeback offers before joining Tower.

[/ QUOTE ]
Solid advice.

TopSpartan 11-22-2007 06:35 PM

Thanks for all the comments, it seems it might be worth investigating the Ongame network a bit further.

nosmith 11-23-2007 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Microgaming would be one of my last choices personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of the microgaming sites are actually okay in that you don't have to contribute to the pot in order for it to count as a raked hand. Boylesports for example offer $100 match 800 raked hands of 25 cents or more to clear (very easy at NL50 and i presume PLO8). Another added benefit is the software is faster and more reliable than Ongames. I play on Ongame now (mostly NL and Sit and Go's) but that because ive already cleared the most profitable microgaming ones. I agree that signing up through an affiliate makes ongame a profitable alternative. Just thought i'd add another option.

bkkdude 11-24-2007 03:38 PM

u a wise man sir.

dealt vs contribution is a big deal,especially if you like to play good starting hands.

ongame is contribution and is ok but it skks compared to bonus and rkbck at places like full tilt, cake and crypto.

ongame is best used to fill out yr multitabling.

orlov 11-24-2007 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
u a wise man sir.

dealt vs contribution is a big deal,especially if you like to play good starting hands.

ongame is contribution and is ok but it skks compared to bonus and rkbck at places like full tilt, cake and crypto.

ongame is best used to fill out yr multitabling.

[/ QUOTE ]
uhm i think tower bonus+rakeback that goes up to 75% beats FT rakeback any day.

thisnamedoesntfi 11-24-2007 06:15 PM

Also the shorthanded games at OnGame are 5 handed, so you contribute often enough and the action is always there. If you can beat the rake, you'll get a very nice hourly rate of collecting your bonuses.

Dealt method is definitely preferable for FR players that like to play TAG, I agree. But if you play anything at100NL and above you'll still clear OnGames bonuses relatively quickly, playing tight PF.

Bobo Fett 11-24-2007 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also the shorthanded games at OnGame are 5 handed, so you contribute often enough and the action is always there. If you can beat the rake, you'll get a very nice hourly rate of collecting your bonuses.

Dealt method is definitely preferable for FR players that like to play TAG, I agree. But if you play anything at100NL and above you'll still clear OnGames bonuses relatively quickly, playing tight PF.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly.

bkk, your point is well taken about OnGame being contributed, but this isn't a problem for everybody. If you play SH, they are fantastic bonuses and bury pretty much everyone else's except perhaps Crypto.