Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Check-up hand - TPWK from BB in 5-handed pot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=247120)

Aaron W. 10-28-2006 04:03 PM

Check-up hand - TPWK from BB in 5-handed pot

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero...

SuLi 10-28-2006 04:08 PM

Re: Check-up hand - TPWK from BB in 5-handed pot

I would bet, trying to protect my hand.

Deviance 10-28-2006 04:10 PM

Bet. You should rarely call a bet with a weak hand in such a situation, but betting with it here is probably correct. In addition, being shorthanded it may devalue your opponent's holdings somewhat.

cold_cash 10-28-2006 04:14 PM

Bleh.

I would check and see what's going on while not being anywhere near excited about my hand or my prospects.

JerBear77 10-28-2006 05:41 PM

*grunch*
check call and reeval.

Nothing is folding here with 3 players behind you. All you are doing is building up the pot. I don't like a C/R here as we have no idea if we are good or not and will have a difficult decision on the river if the turn is blank.

JerBear77 10-28-2006 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet, trying to protect my hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands are folding here that we would like to fold??

Then after that question.....

What hands are calling this bet that we want to stay in?

Str8Fish 10-28-2006 05:52 PM

not a big pot, vulnerable to a flush draw and a small possibility of a straight draw. Wouldn't like to see your Jd or 3d outs hit on the turn. I c/c.

btspider 10-28-2006 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bleh.

I would check and see what's going on while not being anywhere near excited about my hand or my prospects.

[/ QUOTE ]

Xhad 10-28-2006 06:20 PM

Check, always fold for 2, for 1 bet depends on the precise action. Raise, fold, or call are all plausible for one bet.

Absolution 10-28-2006 07:19 PM

I would probably check this and see what the limpers do. If the button bets when checked to I'll probably go for the raise then. I don't like getting trapped by these BB hands. Someone gave me the advice to generally check these multiway to see what happens behind. With 2 less people I would play it more aggressively.