Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Random traffic comment (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558064)

El Diablo 11-30-2007 04:06 PM

Random traffic comment

I think these are on the high side for both forums (just checked now a few minutes later and it's 18/26/134 which is probably more reflective of standard), but it's still pretty interesting to me that Lounge + EDF total viewers (obv some overlap, but I bet not a ton) can at times be around 50% of BBV4L.

The Lounge: Discussion+Review (28 viewing)
EDF (43 viewing)
BBV4Life (134 viewing)

On a related note, glancing down the list of forums it's surprising to me to see 2+2 have such a large number of forums with just a handful of viewers.

Gildwulf 11-30-2007 04:22 PM

Re: Random traffic comment

I keep track of BBV and it is probably average 250-300 viewing during the day.

Dids 11-30-2007 04:25 PM

Part of it is volume. I read EDF and BBV4L actually, but it just takes much longer to read one than the other, given the volume of topics. I assume that part of what you're seeing is just more people lingering as you do these snapshot views.

El Diablo 11-30-2007 04:37 PM

Gild,

Oooh aren't you so f'ing cool.

durron597 11-30-2007 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gild,

Oooh aren't you so f'ing cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, i didn't know you could get so jealous

El Diablo 11-30-2007 04:40 PM

Dibs,

Right, that is part of what I find interesting about the numbers, specifically the ratios of viewers/posts.

El Diablo 11-30-2007 04:41 PM

d,

Man, nath and I and a few others MADE bbv. And now this bastard Gild gets all the credit. F'ing travesty.

xorbie 11-30-2007 04:47 PM

Diablo,

How is this really surprising/interesting? I'd be surprised by anything else, really.

tuq 11-30-2007 04:49 PM

I wonder if the software double-counts users who are browsing in multiple tabs. For example, I'm super ADD and at the moment I have open in Firefox three 2+2 tabs, and several others for various sites because my focus shifts constantly. Right now I'm considered "in" this forum, but if I go to another tab and click a different forum, does it "uncount" me from this one?

Not a big deal but it could artificially inflate numbers by a little bit if it's counting people multiple times.

tuq 11-30-2007 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Diablo,

How is this really surprising/interesting? I'd be surprised by anything else, really.

[/ QUOTE ]
I see you've never been to SMP. Which should be renamed SIIMP by the way.

El Diablo 11-30-2007 04:56 PM

xorbie,

The surprising/interesting part to me is the relative growth of the smaller forums as compared to BBV4L.

It wasn't that long ago that "OOT was dead" and BBV4L was where "all the good posting" was. LOL.

Gildwulf 11-30-2007 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
d,

Man, nath and I and a few others MADE bbv. And now this bastard Gild gets all the credit. F'ing travesty.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

you can always post a 'greatest box wine of 2007' thread in bbv and i'll look the other way

xorbie 11-30-2007 05:11 PM

ElD,

Ah. I thought you were surprised that BBV4L (which would be a much better candidate for being renamed SIIMP, tuq) was so high. I'm not really surprised that TL and ELDF are fairly popular (the latter moreso owing to having your name on it), because there's a pretty big demographic on this site that have actually graduated college. Some of them even majored in philosophy or English and thus in addition to having lots of time on their hands, need an outlet for their feeling of intellectual superiority.

El Diablo 11-30-2007 05:13 PM

Gild,

Sweet!

4_2_it 11-30-2007 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ElD,

Ah. I thought you were surprised that BBV4L (which would be a much better candidate for being renamed SIIMP, tuq) was so high. I'm not really surprised that TL and ELDF are fairly popular (the latter moreso owing to having your name on it), because there's a pretty big demographic on this site that have actually graduated college. Some of them even majored in philosophy or English and thus in addition to having lots of time on their hands, need an outlet for their feeling of intellectual superiority.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just read ELD and the Lounge for the comics, Jumble and Sudoku.