Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Beat (?): I dont like football (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=517662)

MasterLJ 10-07-2007 04:32 PM

Beat (?): I dont like football

I grew up in a football family. My uncle played for USC (the good one) and my dad played football for Stanford back in the Plunkett days (they were roomies). I couldnt care less about football. I dont even know the positions.

Kirbynator 10-07-2007 04:33 PM

Re: Beat (?): I dont like football

football raped my mother

IReadSouls 10-07-2007 04:35 PM

nah, this is more like variance, this isn't a beat unless you're gay and stuff.

you're not gay and stuff are you...

Suigin406 10-07-2007 04:40 PM

being a jets fan, i wish i didn't follow football either right about now

furyshade 10-07-2007 04:49 PM

being a chargers fan, if they lose this game i might slit norv's throat

Himself 10-07-2007 04:51 PM

It's a pretty big beat I think. I used to be a big fan when I was a kid, but I stopped following football sometime in high school and only started watching again last year. Being able to watch and root for "my" team every week is fun, even if it's not my absolute favorite sport to watch [that would be tennis]. Find a team you like and root for them every week and I think you'll find it's hard not to enjoy it.

furyshade 10-07-2007 04:52 PM

or start betting on it, if you do that you'll care a lot

MasterLJ 10-07-2007 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a pretty big beat I think. I used to be a big fan when I was a kid, but I stopped following football sometime in high school and only started watching again last year. Being able to watch and root for "my" team every week is fun, even if it's not my absolute favorite sport to watch [that would be tennis]. Find a team you like and root for them every week and I think you'll find it's hard not to enjoy it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in Northern California, so it's either the Raiders or the 49ers... from what little I know they both suck. Even though I have standing invites to watch Raiders games in some skybox with Plunkett himself (or Stanford games at the new field) I still don't go.

Claunchy 10-07-2007 04:57 PM

Do you not like any sports? Or just football? Cause if it's the latter, no big deal. But guys who just don't like sports are weird.

MasterLJ 10-07-2007 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you not like any sports? Or just football? Cause if it's the latter, no big deal. But guys who just don't like sports are weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

I somewhat enjoy baseball, though I don't regularly follow any team (will watch a game if nothing else is on).

I recently was watching Footie or Australian Rules Football which all of my Aussie friends go ape for, and it is a pretty awesome sport.

I do go to live basketball games a few times a season.