Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   possibly bizzare scenario, little help (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=510661)

BobboFitos 09-27-2007 03:00 PM

possibly bizzare scenario, little help

6handed table, what hand range is a +EV call if the 5 people ahead of you shove? (So, what hand range shows ~17%+ profit vs 5 random hands?)

reno expat 09-27-2007 03:26 PM

Re: possibly bizzare scenario, little help

Assuming equal stacks and a standard 6-max payout structure of 65%/35% for 1st and 2nd, I can't see much being +EV to call with. Folding, your equity is about 40% of the tournament prize pool. So to call, you would need to win something pretty close 2/3 of the time to get more than 40% equity by calling (also this makes the assumption that if you call and lose you will be busted and never get the second place money).

sence25 09-27-2007 04:06 PM

This depends a lot on stacksizes, doesn't it?

wiggs73 09-27-2007 04:09 PM

Bobbo,

What ranges are they shoving? What are blinds and stack sizes? What's the payout structure?

reno expat 09-27-2007 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This depends a lot on stacksizes, doesn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very much so. I made a lot of simplifying assumptions in my answer above.

fluorescenthippo 09-27-2007 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
6handed table, what hand range is a +EV call if the 5 people ahead of you shove? (So, what hand range shows ~17%+ profit vs 5 random hands?)

[/ QUOTE ]

nice avatar

cakewalk 09-27-2007 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

excellent avatar

[/ QUOTE ]

futuredoc85 09-27-2007 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

amazing avatar

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BobboFitos 09-27-2007 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming equal stacks and a standard 6-max payout structure of 65%/35% for 1st and 2nd, I can't see much being +EV to call with. Folding, your equity is about 40% of the tournament prize pool. So to call, you would need to win something pretty close 2/3 of the time to get more than 40% equity by calling (also this makes the assumption that if you call and lose you will be busted and never get the second place money).

[/ QUOTE ]

no no you dont understand, I mean in cash game, no pay out, so this isn't ICM. Just simply what range figures to be minimum 17% equity vs 5 other random hands.

BobboFitos 09-27-2007 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bobbo,

What ranges are they shoving? What are blinds and stack sizes? What's the payout structure?

[/ QUOTE ]
Cash game so no payout structure, we assume ATC.

The situation I'm describing is an all-in blind where everyone BUT YOU agrees, what hands show profit. There is a reason to this because it links with cash theory but it's somewhat complicated (and I need to know the initial answer before I can determine the link!!!)