Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   our friend the suited connector in early stages of MTTs (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=436715)

ssnyc 06-26-2007 09:25 PM

our friend the suited connector in early stages of MTTs

question about suited connectors in early level of low $10-$20 buy in MTTs...I like SCs as much as the next no limit player (like 78suited better than KQ or AJ) but are these folding hands in EP and MP early in tournies? Part of what I like about playing them is their semi bluffing value and it seems that you can't really manuever much nor fold out much at these stake and stages...so do I limp em or keep open folding my 67 suited in MP at the first few levels?

Austiger 06-26-2007 09:29 PM

Re: our friend the suited connector in early stages of MTTs

Sometimes fold, sometimes limp, sometimes raise, sometimes call raises, sometimes re-raise.

ssnyc 06-26-2007 09:30 PM

austiger...that works when players are paying attention but is there a point in randomizing when they are only playing their cards?

Austiger 06-26-2007 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
austiger...that works when players are paying attention but is there a point in randomizing when they are only playing their cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really talking about randomizing, although that's some of it. You're going to be playing off of reads and the flow of the table. It's difficult to say how to play a SC without some examples.

Here's what you do: Go to the links at the top of the forum and watch the tournament replays of some top players. Try to emulate what they do. And don't just watch the hands they play, watch the ones they fold too. Otherwise you won't get the complete feel for what their PF strategy is.

Coz 06-26-2007 09:57 PM

Hey Austiger, if you register for free can you still watch the videos? My br isn't very big so spending $150 on a program isn't something I really want to do right now. Do you think its worth the investment? Do you think watching the videos will really improve my game? Thanks!

Austiger 06-26-2007 10:01 PM

You don't need to pay to watch the videos.

Coz 06-26-2007 10:39 PM

Ok, thanks.

kenny7 06-27-2007 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes fold, sometimes limp, sometimes raise, sometimes call raises, sometimes re-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think that's probably very true,but this early on in a tourney like this,doesn't it pay to be a little more conservative?

My (limited) experience is that people will call raises and reraises very liberaly at this stage,so is it really profitable getting heavily involved with a hand that will need alot of help on the flop?

bostonlegal 06-27-2007 12:33 AM

where do you get to see these free videos?? is the at pokerxfactor? i've regeistered at the site but all the videos are in the training center and require you to pay?

mariachiinc 06-27-2007 01:00 AM

Personally I fold most sc's early in the tourny, unless it's a ds, in which case I see a few more flops. In either case I'll rarely open with them in ep, rather limp in position after a lot of limpers. Once the blinds get up there, it has to be VERY favorable to play sc's as I'm in raise/fold mode