Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   What's the closest you've seen to a no-hitter LIVE. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=480795)

RickAstleyFan 08-18-2007 04:43 PM

What\'s the closest you\'ve seen to a no-hitter LIVE.

I mean at the game.

For me it was Roger Clemens going into the seventh against the Angels. There was a loud groan when some scrub infielder looped a single just out of the infield.

Curious about other people's experiences, or who of you have actually seen one.

antidan444 08-18-2007 04:47 PM

Re: What\'s the closest you\'ve seen to a no-hitter LIVE.

I actually saw a minor league no-no live (other than high school ball, in which I've seen a couple 7-inning no-nos and several five-inning ones due to the 10-run rule).

Hagerstown Suns games a couple years back, Father's Day, Gabriel Hernandez threw it. The game gave the Suns the South Atlantic League first-half title.

battschr 08-18-2007 04:48 PM

Kerry Wood gave up a blooper to Mark Loretta in the 7th. He struck out 14 in that game. Leiber had thrown a one-hitter the day before around a rain delay, I was also there.

BobOjedaFan 08-18-2007 04:52 PM

I have been to two 1-hitters. In one game Steve Trachsel retired the 1st 17 batters. The Rockies starting pitcher Tsing Chao Tsu or whatever the [censored] his name was(who would later become their closer)was making his major league debut. So in his 2nd major league AB he ripped a double over the CFers head (I think it was Timo Perez), the ball was misplayed and probably should have been caught. Trachsel retired the next 9 hitters before with 2/outs in the 9th the final batter reached on error, he got the next hitter. So in reality of the 1st 27 hitters he should have got all of them, damn you Timo!

The 2nd game was Tom Glavine again against the Rockies. With 1 out in the 8th some peice of [censored] named Kit Pellow hit a clean double off the wall. Glavine went on to finish the 1-hitter.

BobOjedaFan 08-18-2007 04:55 PM

Actully the batter who reached on error was a PHer in the 9 spot, looked it up

sixfour 08-18-2007 04:57 PM

Having only been to two games ever, the best I can manage is when Gabbard shut down the Rangers through four at Fenway last month, then collapsed in the fifth.

dnh83 08-18-2007 05:03 PM

I've never been to a game where a pitcher came close to a no-hitter. Was my post helpful?

Victor 08-18-2007 05:07 PM

i win this thread along with another 2er (who i cant remember but he hopefully he chimes in.)

apr 12 of some year in the early 90s. im thinking 94. was my bday and i went to a doubleheader vs the red sox at cleveland municipal stadium.

the sox pitcher went 8 innings giving up no hits but the tribe scored on some walks and errors and won the game without batting in the 9th. so the sox pitcher never came on to finish and never was credited with a no hitter.

hopefully the other 2er chimes in as he has the details and unfortunately i deleted his pm.

TheNoodleMan 08-18-2007 05:14 PM

I was at this game.

Todd Stottlemyre threw a one hitter, a double with one out in the 8th ruined the no hitter.

Dudd 08-18-2007 05:14 PM

Matt Young, 1992, 2-1 Indians.

wiki (bottom)