Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Brag: I shot 3 deer in the last 2 weeks. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=549861)

GiantWalleye 11-19-2007 03:40 PM

Brag: I shot 3 deer in the last 2 weeks.

Deer season (rifle season) just ended here in Minnesota. I shot 3 bucks in a season for the first time in my life. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] a 9 pointer, a 7 pointer, and a 6 pointer. I wish I had a muzzleloader so I could go again this weekend, but I don't so I have to go shoot pheasants and geese instead. I really do love fall. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Donkey-Milker 11-19-2007 03:42 PM

Re: Brag: I shot 3 deer in the last 2 weeks.

i hate you

colonel81 11-19-2007 03:44 PM

where do u hunt by?

GiantWalleye 11-19-2007 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
where do u hunt by?

[/ QUOTE ]

About 45 minutes north of Duluth on hwy 4 and 2 miles west into the woods. Kinda by Whiteface resivoir if you know the area.

The B 11-19-2007 03:49 PM

pics of 9pt buck or you're lying like the majority of deer-hunters

Paul McSwizzle 11-19-2007 03:49 PM

my lil bro got a moose this year

Bork 11-19-2007 03:50 PM

Is this you?

http://www.montrealfilmjournal.com/dat/pic/M0000148.jpg

holland3r 11-19-2007 03:50 PM

Don't you think it would be more rewarding to find injured animals and rehabilitate them rather than killing healthy ones [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

GiantWalleye 11-19-2007 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pics of 9pt buck or you're lying like the majority of deer-hunters

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to go do a couple of things in town before 5 pm, I will post a pic later.

colonel81 11-19-2007 03:53 PM

other side of the state but been in that area a few times. sounds like a hell of a season congrats

GiantWalleye 11-19-2007 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this you?

http://www.montrealfilmjournal.com/dat/pic/M0000148.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

made me LOL, but no not me.

colonel81 11-19-2007 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you think it would be more rewarding to find injured animals and rehabilitate them rather than killing healthy ones [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] puppies and kittens maybe deer no. nom nom nom nom

GiantWalleye 11-19-2007 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I like killing healthy ones. Then cutting them up and eating them.

GiantWalleye 11-19-2007 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
other side of the state but been in that area a few times. sounds like a hell of a season congrats

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, it was fun. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Paulie Walnuts 11-19-2007 03:57 PM

Giantwalleye's mom: Could you go into town and fetch me some summer's eve?

Giantwalleye: Sure mom you ran out alreeeeaady?

Giantwalleye's Mom: Yep I used it to clean out them bucks cooches you shot the other day so your pappy can make love to 'em cause your mammys on the rag.

colonel81 11-19-2007 04:03 PM

Good song IMO.

Little Jimmy Jackson is jackin' up his Bronco.
He's gonna lay a little rubber later on at the truck pull.
An' all the girls are getting' pretty... they're sprayin' on the White Rain.
Yeah, they're gonna get a rowdy tonight down at the football game.

Well, you can see the neighbors butt crack nailing on his shingles,
An' his woman's' smokin' Pall Mall's watchin' Laura Ingalls.
An' Granny's getting' lit, she's headin' out to bingo.
Yeah, my buddies an' me are goin' muddin' down on Blue Hole Road.

We hear folks in the city party in Martini Bars,
An' they like to show off in their fancy foreign cars.
Out here in the boondocks we buy beer at Amoco,
An' crank our Kraco speakers with that country radio.

deer 11-19-2007 04:03 PM

[censored] you

colonel81 11-19-2007 04:15 PM

i lol'd

MasterLJ 11-19-2007 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Killing healthy ones is part of keeping an entire ecosystem healthy.

Pontuan21 11-19-2007 04:19 PM

deer for mod

smokingrobot 11-19-2007 04:23 PM

i think hunting would be way more awesome if it was just you vs the deer and you only have a knife and the desire to become one with our ancestral hunter natural man. cover yourself in [censored] to disguise your scent etc etc. that would be hunting imo.

21times20 11-19-2007 04:28 PM

i don't understand why this is a brag, is shooting an animal the size of a deer while it's standing still grazing or drinking, completely oblivious to your presence, really that much of an accomplishment? i've never hunted myself, but i don't think you really have to be an expert marksman to kill a deer

i mean if you killed a deer in hand to hand combat, or even with a knife, i'd probably be pretty impressed, but i don't see how shooting a dumb animal that doesn't know you are lurking in the distance about to fire a rifle at it, is the slightest bit sporting or bragworthy

deer 11-19-2007 04:29 PM

give me a semiautomatic assault rifle and let me sit outside your house

yeah who's the tough guy now

p.s. you look funny in that orange outfit

KJS 11-19-2007 04:33 PM

Please be shipping me some venison jerky. Grabbed some from relatives in Pittsburgh last week but it is almost gone.

Deer is good eatin'.

KJS

Smell The Glove 11-19-2007 04:33 PM

Hi I'm here on behalf of the west coast liberal elite to saw that op is horrible for shooting a poor defenseless deer. Why don't you make some use of yourself and kill a bear?

colonel81 11-19-2007 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't understand why this is a brag, is shooting an animal the size of a deer while it's standing still grazing or drinking, completely oblivious to your presence, really that much of an accomplishment? i've never hunted myself, but i don't think you really have to be an expert marksman to kill a deer

i mean if you killed a deer in hand to hand combat, or even with a knife, i'd probably be pretty impressed, but i don't see how shooting a dumb animal that doesn't know you are lurking in the distance about to fire a rifle at it, is the slightest bit sporting or bragworthy

[/ QUOTE ]

No its not too hard. There is a lot of work involved most are oblivious too. Deer arent dumb and they have the internets now are will soon be our mod, meaning the species is highly evolving.

Getting a 9 pt is impressive, although deer hunting is not done for its difuculty or trophy hunting. its done more for family and friend bondig and a once a year get together. other game animals are for trophy hunting. if thousands of deer werent killed each year in Minnesota the number of traffic deaths would be much higher. With the mild winters they are too abundant and in the city i live in (pop. >90K) u can get an intown deer hunting license. this is not the politics forum

captchaos 11-19-2007 04:37 PM

i hit one with my car this last weekend, that sends a much more threatening message imo...step your game up

colonel81 11-19-2007 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please be shipping me some venison jerky. Grabbed some from relatives in Pittsburgh last week but it is almost gone.

Deer is good eatin'.

KJS

[/ QUOTE ] nom nom nom

vikefan24 11-19-2007 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i've never hunted myself

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously

HeroInBlack 11-19-2007 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you think it would be more rewarding to find injured animals and choke them out UFC-style than shooting healthy ones?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

chopsticks 11-19-2007 04:45 PM

[x] Deer Hunter installed
[ ] Could kill a real living deer

colonel81 11-19-2007 04:45 PM

deer for mod. nice rack

21times20 11-19-2007 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Getting a 9 pt is impressive, although deer hunting is not done for its difuculty or trophy hunting. its done more for family and friend bondig and a once a year get together. other game animals are for trophy hunting. if thousands of deer werent killed each year in Minnesota the number of traffic deaths would be much higher. With the mild winters they are too abundant and in the city i live in (pop. >90K) u can get an intown deer hunting license. this is not the politics forum

[/ QUOTE ]

i wasn't making a political statement about whether i feel it is moral or not to kill deer, i just think something done mainly "for family and friend bondig," isn't much to brag about; it sounds like it'd be comparable to making a brag post about hitting a double in softball game

Jenkem 11-19-2007 05:11 PM

OP did you feel like more of a man because you shot a defenseless animal that can't fight back?

SABR42 11-19-2007 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] you

[/ QUOTE ]
hahahahahahahaahahahahhaaa

Himself 11-19-2007 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i wasn't making a political statement about whether i feel it is moral or not to kill deer, i just think something done mainly "for family and friend bondig," isn't much to brag about; it sounds like it'd be comparable to making a brag post about hitting a double in softball game

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with that [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Quanah Parker 11-19-2007 05:14 PM

backstraps are so tasty.
congrats OP

doubLe a tom 11-19-2007 05:16 PM

i runned a deer over once.

colonel81 11-19-2007 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough but shooting three bucks >>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>hi tting three doubles>>>>>>>>> one double. Its a lot more strenous and a lot more disciplined than most people who never go hunting know. "bonding" better. Its more of a social bonding event getting the family together and i dont think thats bad IMO. Ask someone up here if they know someone who has hit one with a car. It would be 100%. Ship me some venison OP.

siouxbrew 11-19-2007 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

No its not too hard. There is a lot of work involved most are oblivious too. Deer arent dumb and they have the internets now are will soon be our mod, meaning the species is highly evolving.

[/ QUOTE ]

bloomington?