Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Rate my play (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558048)

brandon 11-30-2007 03:35 PM

Rate my play

Two hands. Very similar

60-120

UTG limps(crazy asian Lag. He has told me he fears my game. Not sure if he was serious), UTG+1 limps, I raise AKs, everyone clears out, limpers call

Flop:
K55

Both check, I bet, UTG raises, UTG+1 folds, I 3 bet, UTG calls.

Turn:

8 completing the rainbow

UTG checks and holds his chips out like he is going to call my bet, I check

River:
J

UTG bets, I call

Hand 2:
40-80

I raise As9s in middle position, Button calls, Sb 3 bets(this guy is probably pissed off at me. On his kill pot, I raised AQ, he 3 bets, I flop an Ace and he check-called me down), I call, button calls

Flop:

A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Sb bets, I call, button folds.

Turn:
7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Sb bets, I call

River:

2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Sb checks, I check

Bicycles_Biatch 11-30-2007 03:44 PM

Re: Rate my play

scenario 1... BET, BET, BET... I hate when people use the reverse tell / pre-loaded chip trick on the turn and it works. I don't think there is any way he has you beat or is holding a 5.

scenario 2... I like... I think a lot of folks might argue a SUPER thin value bet on the river, but I hate VB'ing myself in these situations and having the guy turn over A-10

BadBigBabar 11-30-2007 03:46 PM

scenario 1 i bet the turn

scenario 2 i check behind the river

brandon 11-30-2007 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
scenario 1... BET, BET, BET... I hate when people use the reverse tell / pre-loaded chip trick on the turn and it works. I don't think there is any way he has you beat or is holding a 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was 85% certain my hand was good when I checked

pohuist 11-30-2007 03:59 PM

I like both.
I think you induced a bluff on hand 1 and he was folding the turn. A free card is not dangerous here. The odds of him getting a winner are long indeed, most likely he's drawing dead.
On hand 2, I can hardly imagine a hand calling you that does not have you beat. (Any better Ace is still better and almost every Ace-rag improved to Aces up. I think he is either afraid of a flush but can beat most everything else and will call, or is (incorrectly) trying to induce a bluff.

n.s. 11-30-2007 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was 85% certain my hand was good when I checked

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet anyways. Lots of players use the "i'm gonna call you" telegraph to try and stop a bluff, but most of them don't have the discipline to fold when you bet anyways. Bet turn, bet river, and get paid.

As played, I might raise the river.

Scenario 2, I think I'd find a value bet here.

that_pope 11-30-2007 04:07 PM

So you know the getting chips ready to call means weak, so why did you check? Were you trying to go a level above him, he knows he is showing weakness, and you checking means you are even weaker than expected, which gets him to bluff?

I would really like your thinking on hand 1, as it is player dependent. Is this the type who can show weakness by intimidating with calling chips, and then pulls off a check raise??? (I have never seen this personally, but am sure it exists...)

kpr16 11-30-2007 05:19 PM

Longtime lurker, thought I'd finally start posting some.

Hand 1: He made a shutout raise on the flop, so I'm not too worried about a 5, but if you're not going to bet the turn after you 3-bet, why not just let him lead turn and river?

Hand 2: Looks like a value bet to me, but I guess it's live poker so I don't fault a check.

-KPR

Nate. 11-30-2007 05:46 PM

Brandon--

I think you're too likely to get two bets from a worse hand to check the turn on hand 1. Given that you got to the river the way you did, I'd consider raising.

I like hand 2, especially under standard conditions in the brown-chip CAZ games.

--Nate

PokerBob 11-30-2007 06:08 PM

in hand 1, you open a major can of worms vs. this kind of opponent by 3betting the flop.