Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   KK runs into an A (shorthanded) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=548854)

Fadook 11-18-2007 07:44 AM

KK runs into an A (shorthanded)

UTG is very loose and doesn't raise much. Button isn't quite at loose and is more aggreesive. Postflop he'll bet a weak hand if no-one has shown aggression or the aggressor slows down.

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5.5SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4.25BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7.25BB, 3 players)
Hero ?

Check or bet?

Bruce D 11-18-2007 08:03 AM

Re: KK runs into an A (shorthanded)

If they call with any part of the board it's an easy bet. The only thing you may have to worry about is that Ace may have 2 paird someone (is anyone really calling a naked ace to the river?) I think you can bet/fold the river.

larm 11-18-2007 09:23 AM

I valuebet all day long...

LateFlag 11-18-2007 09:43 AM

Bet. There's no reason to think that anybody has an ace. The fact that they both called the turn on this somewhat uncoordinated board is an affirmative reason to think that they *don't* have an ace.

If the flop had been two-tone and the play went like this, you'd have to hate the ace on the river because anybody with the nut flush draw just outdrew you, and that would be a logical hand for one of the villains to hold. But that's not the case here. The only way this card hurts you is if it gave villain a two-pair with his Ax, in which case he'll raise and you'll fold or if somebody was mindlessly ace-chasing against a preflop raiser. Either way, there's no way to save a bet by checking so you might as well bet yourself.

OziBattler 11-18-2007 09:52 AM

bet and reduce the guesswork. see above.

fyi button read suggests he bets a pair in this spot when checked to but this is 3 way.

I suppose hero could check and call one back to him when button bets. I think our hand is good enough give pot size to call a single bet on the river here but since we has a hand that gets paid off but worse pair hands alot i think must be betting.

Gib 11-18-2007 09:55 AM

b/f, they'll call with any crap.

favreftw 11-18-2007 11:04 AM

I bet/fold, like everyone else says, my post is totally useless

mynameisslime 11-18-2007 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fadook 11-18-2007 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As was my original post tbh.

Craggoo 11-18-2007 02:52 PM

Like almost everyone else said this is a standard B/F situation. If you get called I expect to have the best hand. If raised, its an easy chuck.