Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   HollywoodPoker sells e-mails (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391979)

benedetti 04-30-2007 11:49 AM

HollywoodPoker sells e-mails

Hello,

Sick of spammers, I singed up for Google Apps, created dozens of new e-mail addresses and gave each poker room a unique address. In the Hollywood Poker address I have received spam from bonnuswhores.com (with two n's) and macpokergames.com.

I have checked the whois for this domains and they are anonymous. What do you suggest?

cardcounter0 04-30-2007 11:59 AM

Re: HollywoodPoker sells e-mails

Reply to the spam mails. Try to weasle out of them where they are located. Then go there and kill them. Cut off their heads and send them to HollywoodPoker as a warning.

earck 04-30-2007 02:01 PM

The account i used to sign up at Hollywood about 6-10 months ago does not get any spam amazingly.

CompatiblePoker 04-30-2007 02:06 PM

If you're really serious about stopping these spammers you can tell the poker rooms (affiliate department) they promote. They'll stop paying them for the referrals if you can prove they are spamming!

tangled 04-30-2007 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reply to the spam mails. Try to weasle out of them where they are located. Then go there and kill them. Cut off their heads and send them to HollywoodPoker as a warning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but that might get you into real trouble - annoying murder trial etc.. Better to cut off the head of a prized thoroughbred and stick it into bed with the head of HP. Same effect and you won't get in as much trouble if you get caught. Badabing Badaboom.

BradleyT 04-30-2007 03:39 PM

To really test your theory you need to use names that can't be formed using 1 or more words in the dictionary.

Next time use something like 8292xut713843HWpoker@gmail.com

WhatDoesCallMean 04-30-2007 09:01 PM

ive got these same emails to both of my email addresses that i had registered with Hollywood and not only the bonnuswhores one - im getting at least 3 different emails all promoting the same Ongame site every month.

i assumed everyone with a Hollywood account was getting them [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

martin81 05-01-2007 04:40 AM

I also have a gmail account that I only used for Hollywood poker and are getting loads of spam for tower affiliates.

And only this kind of spam. So surely Hollywood is a seller of email addresses.

earck 05-01-2007 12:00 PM

It has to be the affiliate otherwise more people would be bitching, like i said I don't get any spam in that account.

benedetti 05-01-2007 12:19 PM

My address is pretty difficult to guess. Besides, it is not a Gmail account, it is an address from my own domain, and this domain does not even have a website.