Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Flopped quads deep stacked: now what? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557897)

CletusVanDamme 11-30-2007 11:01 AM

Flopped quads deep stacked: now what?

Weekly 1/2 game, decent players. UTG raises to $10, I call with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] along with 2 other callers. UTG and I each have around $750.

Flop is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG bets $30, next player folds to me.

What do you do on this flop. Obviously, I hope he has a hand he will drop his whole stack with. He's pretty good, so this won't happen with AK or an underpair. At this point, I can only hope he has a strong enough hand. So, I raise to $80. Good raise or not?

Paul Thomson 11-30-2007 11:03 AM

Re: Flopped quads deep stacked: now what?

this is a whole level thing. raising is probably good. if there's any chance to stack him, u have to start creating a bigger pot.

Skleice 11-30-2007 11:05 AM

Does he C-bet into 2 players w/ just overs? What's his UTG range of hands?

4_2_it 11-30-2007 11:06 AM

No decent player is folding 99+ here and a lot of players will Zeebo down to 22. On the flop, I only call if I think the player left to act will call, otherwise your raise seems fine (assuming it was a 'normal' size raise for this game.) Value bet turn and river and pray he check raises one of them.

CletusVanDamme 11-30-2007 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does he C-bet into 2 players w/ just overs? What's his UTG range of hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

He MIGHT C-bet into 3 players with AK or AQ, but I doubt it. If this was a C-bet from him, I would expect something roughly around $15-$20, hoping to not be blown off his hand by any pocket pair.

His range is any pair, but probably 66 or higher, AK, AQ, maybe KQs.

CletusVanDamme 11-30-2007 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No decent player is folding 99+ here and a lot of players will Zeebo down to 22. On the flop, I only call if I think the player left to act will call, otherwise your raise seems fine (assuming it was a 'normal' size raise for this game.) Value bet turn and river and pray he check raises one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is more or less what happens. I didn't really consider the player behind me since A. He's the worst player at the table. and B. He's very short stacked (maybe $80) and isn't folding a boat here.

UTG and I are definately two of the better players in the game, and have a tendancy to play some big pots against each other, so the $50 raise was pretty standard. He then reraises me to $200, which I call after a very slight hesitation.

Turn is a brick, he checks, I bet $150. He makes small talk, says only hand that beats him is quads...continutes to ask if I have it. I only say it would be pretty bold of me to raise the flop with quads. He pushes with QQ and wonders why he had JUST added on $400 so he could get his stack even with mine.

4_2_it 11-30-2007 11:19 AM

Sounds like you played it fine. I really would not consider a player who stacks off with QQ for 300+ BB to be very good. What worse hand is expecting you to felt here?

CletusVanDamme 11-30-2007 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like you played it fine. I really would not consider a player who stacks off with QQ for 300+ BB to be very good. What worse hand is expecting you to felt here?

[/ QUOTE ]

You might be correct. He only knew that I didn't have AA or KK. And he's right, of course I reraise PF with those. I guess he's hoping I have TT or JJ.

ikestoys 11-30-2007 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No decent player is folding 99+ here and a lot of players will Zeebo down to 22.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting.

early325 11-30-2007 12:15 PM

edit: you played the hand well, although i would bet more (shove?) on the turn