Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   7CS ($0.50/1.00) Your Comments Much Appreciated (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=320648)

DavidMcK 02-01-2007 02:03 AM

7CS ($0.50/1.00) Your Comments Much Appreciated

Thanks to all for feedback on my first post last night.

Any input on the following much appreciated.

No real reads of any sort.

7 Card Stud High ($0.50/$1), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.15 (converter)

3rd Street

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings in
seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

6th Street

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

River

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___folds

David

Andy B 02-01-2007 02:09 AM

Re: 7CS ($0.50/1.00) Your Comments Much Appreciated

I can't see anything I'd do differently.

The Worm 02-01-2007 02:12 AM

wp

DavidMcK 02-01-2007 02:15 AM

Thanks Andy.

I'm still very new to stud - struggled with hold'em for 18 months but built a decent bankroll nonetheless.

So - my fourth street play is sound then?

David

Andy B 02-01-2007 02:27 AM

Assuming there are no paired door cards, I'll bet a live four-flush on fourth street 100% of the time. In this case, your hand is completely live, so you're better than even money to make your hand. A flush will be good the great majority of the time, and you can always back into something else. You're putting 1/3 of the money when you expect to win half the time. This is a significant overlay.

Brad1970 02-01-2007 10:10 AM

Looks good to me.

cgrohman 02-01-2007 12:13 PM

Looks fine to me. I complete 3rd here some of the time (a lot of the time) in hopes of driving out seat 3 and 5 and getting it heads up. That way you could win if you pair any of your high cards (all 3 of which are over the limper's door card)- anyone else agree/disagree with this?

forhasta 02-01-2007 12:49 PM

I wouldn't always raise with 3 to a flush as the overcards here aren't that great - also wouldn't you want to keep some extra bets in the flop in order to get more value when you do make the flush?

Joe Tall 02-01-2007 12:53 PM

Nice hand.

Welcome to the forum,
Joe Tall

SCSTWG 02-01-2007 02:29 PM

Pretty standard really. I think you played it well and the only thing you really need to be concerned with is the opponents Ace as he could make a higher 2 pair. I would have raised in this situation on 3rd street primarily to define my opponents hand and to create a situation that if I catch a scare card, you will probably win it right there. be careful playing draws though in short handed games as often times you are not getting the correct pot odds to draw to it.