Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   WTF at a guy knocking out a girl right in front of me... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543552)

jlocdog 11-11-2007 11:33 AM

WTF at a guy knocking out a girl right in front of me...

So I am walking down 2nd Ave through midtown at around 1am last night when I see this guy and girl just standing there staring at each other about 4 feet apart. I could instantly tell their was tension of some sort. As I approach where they are standing, all of a sudden the guy goes up to the girl and she slaps him. He then coks back and clocks her right in the face. I mean F*cking clocks her. He then stands over her and seems to contemplate kicking the crap out of her more. He then turns around and starts walking in opposite direction that I came from. At this point I was no further then 6 feet away when he hit her.

Now he is about 6'2, and 210lbs. I am 5'8 and 160. So I ask, WTF am I supposed to do here? He seemed adequately drunk and could almost definitely kick the crap outta me. I know nothing about this guy or his chick or what caused this to begin with. So what do you do in this spot? Do you confront him? Fight for some random chicks honor/dignity? Keep walkin cause it ain't your business?

Not sure if I did the right thing, but I stopped about 10 feet away and waited it out. I was a bit nervous that I would get my ass severely kicked if I approached him as well if I approached his girl while he was still all jacked up. When he was about 50 feet away, I went over to the girl and helped her up. She was obviously more then shakin up and was really nervous/embarrassed. I told her she had nothing to be embarrassed about and that I would call the police if she wished. She said no. I ended up walking with her for a couple blocks and finally hailed a cab and put her in it. I gave the cabbie a $20 and told him to take her home.

I have never seen anything like this in my life. How can a guy just coldcock a girl like that? I still feel gross for witnessing it and knowing their are guys out there that beat the crap outta women. The fact that she didn't want to do anything about it seemed even scarier to me. For all I know, this is a regular thing when he/they get drunk........this is me shaking my head.....

Yeti 11-11-2007 11:37 AM

Re: WTF at a guy knocking out a girl right in front of me...

you did good.

now let's sit back and wait for the brigade that thinks you should have started a fight with the guy

sonneti 11-11-2007 11:38 AM

But you got her number right?

DING-DONG YO 11-11-2007 11:41 AM

you did v well.

I hate to say it, but most women who stay with dudes that beat on them like this have some serious issues. 10:1 they were back together within 2 days.

CommanderCorm 11-11-2007 11:41 AM

Call the cops.

RustedCorpse 11-11-2007 11:43 AM

Port Authority area?

I probably check and make sure the chick is ok, but I don't believe I get involved. First of all there are some shady broads in that area. I do vary my play if:

a) He just randomly runs up and hits first.

b) she's an 8+ OOT

Madman Madman 11-11-2007 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
finally hailed a cab and put her in it. I gave the cabbie a $20 and told him to take her home.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously a scame and you fell for it. I would have punched her in the face and been like NICE TRY BITCH!

Runkmud 11-11-2007 11:46 AM

You played it right, the only thing I might have done differently is called the cops without consulting her.

Yeah, there's times where if I had been drunk enough, I'd have started [censored] with the guy, but I've also gotten my ass whooped a few times, and I wouldn't recommend that avenue in this case.

runningmarvel 11-11-2007 11:47 AM

I think you handled it really well. that was at that point the best thing you could have done. getting your ass kicked by that guy wouldn't have helped her either. calling cops wouldn't help that much either, because she probably wouldn't want to tell on that guy...

Nielsio 11-11-2007 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you did good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Klompy 11-11-2007 12:03 PM

Did she deserve it? Was she stealing his purse or something?

illuminati 11-11-2007 12:08 PM

talked back

Steven_Q_Erkel 11-11-2007 12:10 PM

You did fine. It's not a big deal, girls love drama, they will be back together in no time.

eviljeff 11-11-2007 12:17 PM

sounds like you made the right play.

you could go back and see if there are any security cameras around, or call the cops and try to get them to look into it. although I guess it will be difficult if you have no idea who the guy or girl are.

jlocdog 11-11-2007 12:17 PM

Commandercorm,

I instantly pulled my phone out when I saw him punch her but was hesitant to call the cops for a couple reasons. First, what if she didn't want to wait around. Then I have to stand there and deal with the cops for no apparent reason. Second, calling the cops involves me much more then I may have wanted to at the time. Sounds selfish yes, but it is what it is.

I did ask if she wanted me to call the cops though. If she would have said yes, I would have and waited around to help out with what I saw...

Rusted Corpse,

Port Authority is 42nd st. on the west side. This is mid/uptown on the east side.....

speedle 11-11-2007 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But you got her number right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kneel B4 Zod 11-11-2007 12:22 PM

I'm pretty sure you got scammed, she was just looking for a free ride home

Tyler Durden 11-11-2007 12:24 PM

I think you definitely should have called the cops w/o consulting the victim while keeping your distance from the assailant and you should have told the fuzz what direction the creep was walking in. I'm surprised that none of the previous posts seem to agree w/ me.

As you said, citing your not wanting to wait around is quite selfish.

z28dreams 11-11-2007 12:24 PM

A more interesting question:

The guy was also 5'8 and 160lbs. You have little to no experience fighting.

Jay Riall 11-11-2007 12:26 PM

Should've teabagged her while she was down.

MC Chris 11-11-2007 12:38 PM

hitting a girl is bad, but i don't want to fight another guy for it. if that makes me bad, so be it. i mean, if he is continuing to assault her i'd try to break it up. but the same goes for a big guy beating on a smaller guy. i'd try to break that up too.

slickpoppa 11-11-2007 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should've teabagged her while she was down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer the Roman War Helmet in this spot.

JackInDaCrak 11-11-2007 12:41 PM

sometimes a ho's gotta learn

amaranto 11-11-2007 12:45 PM

She slapped a guy in public and didn't think there was a decent chance he was going to hit her back? I'm guessing that isn't the first time she's had a physical exchange with a guy. You did the right thing, but I think she was more than a $20 cab ride away from getting her life straightened out.

solids 11-11-2007 01:00 PM

You handled this situation perfectly. That's pretty [censored] up, though.

otnemem 11-11-2007 01:10 PM

Would have called the cops and followed the guy at a safe distance...

Jay Riall 11-11-2007 01:11 PM

Do peoples answers change if OP and the other guys weights/heights are reversed?

Pudge714 11-11-2007 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do peoples answers change if OP and the other guys weights/heights are reversed?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. Getting you ass kicked for a stranger =! Kicking some POS ass.

bobman0330 11-11-2007 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you definitely should have called the cops w/o consulting the victim while keeping your distance from the assailant and you should have told the fuzz what direction the creep was walking in. I'm surprised that none of the previous posts seem to agree w/ me.

As you said, citing your not wanting to wait around is quite selfish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling the cops is pointless if she doesn't want to press charges. It would be different if the guy was still there trying to hit her some more, but he's gone.

The sad reality of most abusive relationships is that she's just going to go back to him. Involving the cops if she's not on board is just going to make things worse.

esad 11-11-2007 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I told her she had nothing to be embarrassed about and that I would call the police if she wished. She said no. I ended up walking with her for a couple blocks and finally hailed a cab and put her in it. I gave the cabbie a $20 and told him to take her home.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that when she got home she called him up and apologized to him and pleading with him to forgive her. He then drove to her place and they [censored] like rabbits all night and told each other how much they love each other.

cosimaninja 11-11-2007 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, if the op was capable of punishing said woman beater without putting himself in serious danger and he didnt i think he would have handled it wrong. if he was a ninja and just stood and watched it thats bad but as played i think the op was smart not to get directly involved in a situation where his direct involvement would result in a 200lb man dancing on his head.

traz 11-11-2007 01:43 PM

I'm pretty sure I would have handled the situation in a similar manner

nutsflopper 11-11-2007 01:52 PM

Wtf u helped her up and gave her $20?? fkk now she's gonna think she didn't deserve it. brb

swingdoc 11-11-2007 01:58 PM

Well played OP. Would calling the cops even be useful? The girl hit the guy first, so I'm not sure what exactly the cops would have done even had you called. That's not even considering the girl didn't want to get the police involved.

eviljeff 11-11-2007 02:01 PM

also you prob should have offered contact info in case she needed a witness

ohead 11-11-2007 02:05 PM

what if he just bitchslaps her back, does everyone think he's a POS that should die then? not knowing anything about the reason.

Autocratic 11-11-2007 02:07 PM

I don't know if helping the girl out without knowing the full situation and circumstances pre-slap is the right thing. What if they are married? Messing around with another man's property is not cool. Also, she might have been really disobedient. Maybe she forgot to put his favorite ingredient on his sandwich earlier in the night, or briefly talked to another guy at a bar. You have to think about these things before you go and help someone.

swingbomb 11-11-2007 02:22 PM

you handled it well but you didn't handle it perfectly.

you should have immediately called the police. it's the safest and most effective thing to do for all people involved...regardless of the two people fightings wishes

Alobar 11-11-2007 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, I dont care if the guy was 5'1 and 105 pounds. I have zero clue about the situation and Im not gunna suddenly decide I should whoop some ass simply because I can. Thats pretty weak ass IMO and you arent much better than the guy that hit her. He put down someone a lot weaker than him simply because he could (aint got nothing to do with her being a woman), how would you doing the same thing make you any better of a person? If you decide to kick his ass (or at least try) then unless you are doing it no matter his size, I lose some respect for you.

pokerg1 11-11-2007 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call the cops.

[/ QUOTE ]