Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Blind battle river donkbluff (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554240)

Burnsabre 11-25-2007 04:48 PM

Blind battle river donkbluff

Haven't played before with villain but hes was 5 tabling so I assumed he was an ABCish TAG. This is our first real blind battle confrontation.

Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3.5BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Results:
Final pot: 7.5BB

Question 1: 3 bet flop vs unknown?
Question 2: As played fold turn vs unknown (pretty bad turn card imo)
Question 3: Does representing the A or 9 produce a fold 1 in 5.5?

istewart 11-25-2007 05:07 PM

Re: Blind battle river donkbluff

I think I'd need a little better of a kicker to 3-bet the flop here. As played, no do not fold the turn. River looks like a checkfold. You might fold like J8 if he was screwing around on the flop with it, but basically nothing better will fold.

rzk 11-25-2007 08:05 PM

1. i don't think you can 3-bet the flop for value - not enough equity vs any reasonable range.

2. c/c turn is fine - you have a pair and a gutshot.

3. i doubt he'll fold anything but a T to a river bet, but his kicker would have to be worse than yours for that. so there's no reason to do anything but c/f.

inferno 11-27-2007 06:12 AM

pots is pretty smart so not really worth it I would just c/f the river

StellarWind 11-27-2007 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3. i doubt he'll fold anything but a T to a river bet, but his kicker would have to be worse than yours for that.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have no kicker.

FlopYouDead 11-27-2007 04:47 PM

I like it.

Qxs is gonna be his holding quite a lot here. You hold a T so only two of those he can have. Straight draws are comprised mostly of big cards he likely would have 3 bet pf. J9 is the hand we don't want to see.

There's also the question of what he thinks you have. Raise pf, b/c, c/c... It's either a weak T or 2 big cards where you probably caught the jack. Your range has to be weighted heavily towards the big cards.

Pot is small so it's no big winner but I doubt you're giving up much. Metagame factors probably make that up with people knowing you can bluff river scare cards. Most of the time you have it.

thrasher789 11-28-2007 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pots is pretty smart so not really worth it I would just c/f the river

[/ QUOTE ]

For sure, I can't imagine any better hand he's folding and he'll call with most hands that beat you, C/F is my play in this spot.