Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Flop GS vs. LAG steal (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=501540)

Leader 09-15-2007 05:08 AM

Flop GS vs. LAG steal

BT is 53/25/.8/37 1k

5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4.5SB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: 1SB returned to Button.

Results:
Final pot: 2.25BB

I feel like I should do something here

Sheakspeer 09-15-2007 06:07 AM

Re: Flop GS vs. LAG steal

We want him to fold and he probably won't. A flop c/r can get very messy.

C/C flop forces him into bigger mistakes on the turn if we lead the turn improved.

I think passive is the way to go here. I've tried the old c/r flop check turn line but that usually doesn't work and won't work here I don't think.

Oink 09-15-2007 07:57 AM

I am not a fan of a c/r vs that guy. he sint folding a lot. But maybe I am wrong. I am sure you HUHU experts c/r this all day.

I am not folding tho. However it must be close between folding and calling (and raising).

If he hands out free rivers I never fold.

yourface 09-15-2007 11:21 AM

I usually c/r flop and end up firing three barrels a lot
he has a lot of better high card hands that can't continue past most turns

I think c/c is good if he likes to give lots of free rivers

jba 09-15-2007 11:25 AM

i rarely do anything but call here, the other times I raise but I give up if he calls the turn. but I never fold, you have 10 outs here wayyyy too often.

mvoss 09-15-2007 11:46 AM

I'm calling here as well thinking my pair outs are clean a lot. I don't think a c/r is worth it without a very specific read that he can fold.

yourface 09-15-2007 12:25 PM

with those stats if button is positionally aware he is opening around 65% of hands which includes a ton of hands better than 6 high that can't call a turn bet

if he is reasonably aggressive that turn is getting double barreled most of the time. we are going to be peeling that flop with a wide range of hands that can't call a turn bet UI

thepizzlefosho 09-15-2007 12:58 PM

I normally call here and fold UI on the flop, but I think yourface makes a good case for c/r'ing this particular opponent.

If the turn and river are bricks and we are still UI though I feel like the river 3rd barrel is often just lighting a BB on fire since it seems like noone ever folds for a bet on the river anymore.