Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   1/2 6max 56s flopping flush, turning turning pair (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=408302)

fretelöo 05-21-2007 08:43 AM

1/2 6max 56s flopping flush, turning turning pair

At the time of play, I had no reads whatsoever. I sat down very recently before that hand.

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 folds, Hero calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4SB, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3.5BB, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero ???

I have a added a few more outs to my hand, but certainly not 1/3 of the remaining deck. So, should I bet again, or be happy with the free card?

inferno 05-21-2007 08:50 AM

Re: 1/2 6max 56s flopping flush, turning turning pair

fold preflop, c/c flop, c/c turn

fretelöo 05-21-2007 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uhmm... it was checked to me both times...

Bona 05-21-2007 08:53 AM

With no reads but villains showing a lot of weakness it is tempting to try to move them off their hands. But for me the small pot makes it too much risk for the potential reward and I just take the free card.

fretelöo 05-21-2007 09:19 AM

LOL I have no idea how that gibberish in the thread title came into being. I guess I meant: "flopping flush draw, turning pair."

Drunk Monkey 05-21-2007 01:23 PM

It's tempting to raise it and see if you can drive someone out, but I think I'd be happy with the free card. If you get a c/r and a call here, it's 6.5BB back to you and you're not getting odds to call.

Of course, I really want to see the river card here, so maybe I'm just playing scared. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

DrModern 05-21-2007 03:26 PM

Fold preflop, though it's not an awful limp. The flop bet is good for equity, and will cost less than checking it behind and calling a turn bet (provided you don't hit on the turn), which is reasonably likely to occur after the flop checks through. I'd check the turn behind. I don't think your equity is good enough even with the added two-pair and trips outs to bet.

Edit: Also, I don't think you can rely on people folding enough to semi-bluff the turn after they peel this flop.

DrModern 05-21-2007 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you get a c/r and a call here, it's 6.5BB back to you and you're not getting odds to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, yes you are. Check your math.

DrModern 05-21-2007 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you actually read the hand?

Chino987 05-21-2007 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's tempting to raise it and see if you can drive someone out, but I think I'd be happy with the free card. If you get a c/r and a call here, it's 6.5BB back to you and you're not getting odds to call.

Of course, I really want to see the river card here, so maybe I'm just playing scared. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol noobs