Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Rock Band (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=443666)

samjjones 07-12-2007 11:55 PM

Re: Rock Band

[ QUOTE ]
So Does Don't Fear the Reaper include Virtual Cowbell attachment?

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I understand, the microphone acts as a cowbell or tambourine when needed.

samjjones 07-12-2007 11:55 PM

I would like to know how the drum peripheral handles cymbals and/or high-hats, though.

nolanfan34 07-13-2007 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to know how the drum peripheral handles cymbals and/or high-hats, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering about this as well. I don't know anything about drums, but that seemed to be a piece that was missing.

Sam, please let me know when you hold the auditions for the OOT band!!

Ghazban 07-13-2007 09:32 AM

From the vid I saw (the Welcome to the Jungle one), it looked like cymbals/high hat are just the regular drum pads. Just as the guitar frets don't correspond to specific notes the drum pads don't correspond to specific drum sounds. The pedal will probably always be the bass drum but it looks like the other pads can be cymbals, toms, or whatever is needed at any given time. I don't think this will be a problem in terms of the feel of the drum kit so long as the high hat isn't consistently on the far right or something retarded like that.

WilliamLowe 07-13-2007 11:27 AM

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/07/11/...s-and-metallic/

Mostly known info...but confirming that Enter Sandman will be in the shipped game, with more Metallica to follow via DLC. I can't wait for this game!

Big Poppa Smurf 07-13-2007 02:24 PM

THIS IS GOING TO BE SO [censored] SICK I CAN'T CONTAIN MYSELF, once they get the downloadable content going the number of bands and songs will shoot through the roof; people will be able to request songs and get them and hopefully the people who do custom songs will be able to provide the same service.

Honestly I haven't been this excited about pretty much anything since Christmas when I was seven.

samjjones 07-14-2007 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering about this as well. I don't know anything about drums, but that seemed to be a piece that was missing.

Sam, please let me know when you hold the auditions for the OOT band!!

[/ QUOTE ]

nolan - If you think you are going to join my band as the drummer who knows nothing about drumming, you will probably fit in well.

samjjones 07-14-2007 12:14 AM

Also, I'm not buying this thing unless there is some Journey in it.

Nicholasp27 07-14-2007 12:27 AM

yeah, dog! i wanna role-play as randy jackson on the bass..

dontmesswithme 07-16-2007 03:29 AM

Please please please have the full albums of Appetite for Destruction and Rage Against the Machine available. I'd probably pay way too much for these if they made me.

dontmesswithme 07-28-2007 04:25 PM

It's not AfD for RAtM, but the new issue of Gamepro according to Wikipedia says Nirvana's Nevermind will be downloadable. Should be awesome.

bottomset 07-29-2007 12:43 AM

I'm pumped for this

Thanir 07-30-2007 05:57 PM

Reported that Nirvana's Nevermind will be available for DLC after release.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/nice/nirvan...and-283886.php

So with this whole album, plus the Who hopefully this opens the doors for a lot of different albums to be avialable for the game.

DukeSucks 08-22-2007 09:42 AM

Looks like it's coming to PS2 as well

LINK

Also released 10 new songs, all master tracks:
[ QUOTE ]
Rolling Stones -- “Gimme Shelter”
Deep Purple -- "Highway Star"
The Clash -- “Should I Stay or Should I Go”
Faith No More -- "Epic”
Smashing Pumpkins -- “Cherub Rock”
Radiohead -- “Creep”
Beastie Boys -- “Sabotage”
Jet -- “Are You Gonna Be My Girl”
OK Go -- “Here It Goes Again”
Nine Inch Nails -- “The Hand That Feeds”

[/ QUOTE ]

But I guess you can't do DLC for the PS2?

iamawesomer 08-22-2007 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rolling Stones -- “Gimme Shelter”
Deep Purple -- "Highway Star"
The Clash -- “Should I Stay or Should I Go”
Faith No More -- "Epic”
Smashing Pumpkins -- “Cherub Rock”
Radiohead -- “Creep”
Beastie Boys -- “Sabotage”
Jet -- “Are You Gonna Be My Girl”
OK Go -- “Here It Goes Again”
Nine Inch Nails -- “The Hand That Feeds”

[/ QUOTE ]

This is such an awesome list of songs

EMc 08-23-2007 01:45 AM

Seeing NIN alone makes me happu.

gusmahler 08-23-2007 06:28 PM

Just checking out the EBgames site. Nice to see that you don't have to shell out $200 for the game. $200 is for the whole bundle. The game is $70 and the drums are $80. Since I'll have the guitar from GH3, I can at least save a little money (I doubt I'll ever sing, so no need for the mic).

Release date is 11/20/07.

Daliman 08-23-2007 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The manufacturer says that if you can beat the drums at expert you can play the instrument. I kinda believe that its true to a large extent. 4 drum pads and a pedal.

You guys are lucky that you're young and can jam with your friends on this. At 38, none of my friends play this stuff. Maybe I will be able to form an online band or whatever.

Okay, after 5 days with GH2, I am up to beating the battle of the bands on hard. Like they say on South Park, I guess I am now immortal, since "How do you kill that which has no life?"

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I'm 30 and happy to see that I am the 2nd oldest person playing this series instead of the oldest as previously hypothesized.

I hope it is possible to do two instruments from the same unit (bass+vocals for example) while playing over the 'net. I have two friends in different parts of the country who are into this series and we'd have a blast if we could do all 4 parts with just the three of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make that at least 3rd oldest. I may actually finally have to get an Xbox live account for this. Who else you gonna trust for your Steve Perry vocals, Ghaz?

bennyhana 08-27-2007 10:20 AM

Awesome.

[ QUOTE ]
and singers will get to hit the mic with their hands to approximate a tambourine or cowbell in some songs.

[/ QUOTE ]

gusmahler 08-27-2007 05:32 PM

Anyone know if they are doing something about songs double bass drum parts? Looks like the controller has a single bass pedal.

DukeSucks 09-28-2007 04:59 PM

Official price is $169 for the bundle.

link

flatline 09-29-2007 12:52 AM

I hope bars start doing awesome Rock Band nights and it will end the lameness of karaoke.

Daliman 09-29-2007 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope bars start doing awesome Rock Band nights and it will end the lameness of karaoke.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ban

TheHip41 09-29-2007 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know if they are doing something about songs double bass drum parts? Looks like the controller has a single bass pedal.

[/ QUOTE ]

just kick super super fast

x2ski 09-29-2007 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My thought would be if it goes:

You would hit the bass pedal on:

1 3 5 7 1 3 5 7 1 3 5 7 1 3 5 7

But I'm not sure. I've been a drummer/percussionist since I was 5 (now 31). I primarily switched to guitar when I was 14, because girls seemed to like it more. Regardless, I never bought/played any of the Guitar Heroes, because I thought it would screw up my style.

Now that I can play drums (I sold my set for a QP when I was 19), I'm buying Rock Band. Does that make me third oldest? Second? Oh well, if any of you guys need a drummer, hit me up when this comes out. GamerTag: x2ski

x2ski 09-29-2007 03:19 AM

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/puzzle/r...mp;sid=6173625

[ QUOTE ]
Similarly, drummers can play their own fills during preset sections of the song

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent.

nolanfan34 09-29-2007 03:43 PM

Getting really pumped for this game now that I finally have GH2. Can't wait to play some drums.

I wonder if Welcome to the Jungle will really end up being in both GH3 and Rock Band?

Anyway, my band LOL Speedwagon will be holding some auditions when this finally comes out, obv.

_Tank_ 09-30-2007 12:17 PM

THey just annouced pricing and release date.
November 23 (black friday wtf?) and the price is 169.99...30 bucks cheaper than expected.

housenuts 09-30-2007 02:41 PM

will you be able to play online?

ie. me with a guitar, my buddy at his house on drums, and another dude somewhere else on vocals?

MrBlue 09-30-2007 03:20 PM

Do I need to buy new guitar controllers? I already have 2 from GH2 and don't want to drop more money if I don't have to.

gusmahler 11-10-2007 09:43 PM

My local Best Buy has a kiosk with the Rock Band demo. They have the guitar, drums, and mic. YMMV

I only tried the drums. There was no bass drum pedal, so I was only able to use the sticks. Hard difficulty level was pretty good. The confusing part (for me) was that, on a song that I knew (Tom Sawyer), I was throwing fills I knew were in the song, but they weren't on the chart. Ended up failing the song when I got the sticks, which were corded to the display, tangled up.

I tried Should I Stay or Should I Go on expert level. The chart was very faithful to the actual drum chart, actually a little bit harder than the actual chart, but not too much harder.

The biggest problem--they are loud! If you've ever played on a practice pad, that's how loud these drums are. And since I have a tendency to hit drums hard, I was creating a lot of noise.

Still a very cool game. I probably won't get it for noise reasons. But I want to.

bottomset 11-11-2007 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The biggest problem--they are loud! If you've ever played on a practice pad, that's how loud these drums are. And since I have a tendency to hit drums hard, I was creating a lot of noise.

Still a very cool game. I probably won't get it for noise reasons. But I want to.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you are telling me I'm going to get evicted?

vulturesrow 11-11-2007 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The manufacturer says that if you can beat the drums at expert you can play the instrument. I kinda believe that its true to a large extent. 4 drum pads and a pedal.

You guys are lucky that you're young and can jam with your friends on this. At 38, none of my friends play this stuff. Maybe I will be able to form an online band or whatever.

Okay, after 5 days with GH2, I am up to beating the battle of the bands on hard. Like they say on South Park, I guess I am now immortal, since "How do you kill that which has no life?"

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I'm 30 and happy to see that I am the 2nd oldest person playing this series instead of the oldest as previously hypothesized.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 36, so you're only the 3rd oldest. But some older people do play it.

The other day, I was in Best Buy and some guy who had to be in his 40s was playing the demo version of GH2. And he obviously plays it regularly, because he 5-starred Sweet Child on Expert.

[/ QUOTE ]

31 here....geezer band FTW anyone? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

gusmahler 11-11-2007 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so you are telling me I'm going to get evicted?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not loud enough to get you evicted. Almost certainly loud enough to get my wife pissed off at me for playing it. Also, I was probably hitting the drums way harder than I needed to be. I would guess that, with practice, I could hit a lot softer.

WayAbvPar 11-12-2007 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 36, so you're only the 3rd oldest. But some older people do play it.

The other day, I was in Best Buy and some guy who had to be in his 40s was playing the demo version of GH2. And he obviously plays it regularly, because he 5-starred Sweet Child on Expert.

[/ QUOTE ]

31 here....geezer band FTW anyone? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be 38 in 3 months, so there!

If you haven't pre-ordered already, you better get on it. Every place around here has their pre-orders sold out, which means I am [censored]. Fry's said I could call in the day it releases and reserve a copy, so I may try that. If I miss out there, I will have to get it online and pay $50 for overnight shipping (gotta have it before the 4 day Thanksgiving weekend!!).

Can't wait. This game is going to be so damned much fun.

nolanfan34 11-12-2007 07:55 PM

Par,

Amazon Prime FTW! I preordered through there, although I'm concerned they won't be able to fullfil all of them right away.

And man, you are old! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

blackize 11-12-2007 08:39 PM

What's the release date and price on this thing? I saw a guy playing the drums at Best Buy today and the game looked like fun. I took a look at the guitar and it's got 10 fret buttons, 5 at the top of the neck and 5 at the bottom. This will be considerably harder than Gh3 I think.

bottomset 11-12-2007 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the release date and price on this thing? I saw a guy playing the drums at Best Buy today and the game looked like fun. I took a look at the guitar and it's got 10 fret buttons, 5 at the top of the neck and 5 at the bottom. This will be considerably harder than Gh3 I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

the bottom 5 are for solos

watch some live rock songs on youtube and see where they are playing during solos

gusmahler 11-12-2007 11:02 PM

Tried the guitar at Best Buy today. Very nice hardware. Better than the SG and the Explorer and the Les Paul. The note chart for Tom Sawyer on Medium was ridiculously easy, though.

This Best Buy had no drum sticks. The drums are nearly impossible to play with your hands, at least on Expert.

MC Chris 11-13-2007 03:18 AM

can't waittttt for the drums