Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Rock Band (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=443666)

nolanfan34 11-20-2007 07:43 PM

Re: Rock Band

[ QUOTE ]
So no one's really using the mic? I'm curious how they incorporate the singing into the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm excited for this. It's going to be awesome going on XBL and just butchering songs on co-op. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'm hoping to become talented enough to play drums and sing at the same time like Phil Collins.

WayAbvPar 11-20-2007 08:02 PM

I have been using the mic, probably to my neighbors' everlasting regret. It is pretty damned fun. Iron Maiden is hard as hell to sing though. Good times.

MrBlue 11-20-2007 08:12 PM

I just tried every instrument. Looks like you can do a solo career play with each one and 4 difficulty levels so this should be interesting.

I was able to play a couple of games on live with a singer but for some reason, I don't hear their voice. Not sure if it's built that way or if there's an option or something.

nolanfan34 11-20-2007 08:42 PM

How hard are the drums? Watching the demos on Rock Band's web site, they look like they'll be hard as hell, but I don't know what difficulty the demo is showing.

MC Chris 11-20-2007 08:52 PM

as i said i can already play the drums, so i jumped right into expert and could keep up pretty well, like 90%+ of the notes even in songs i'd never really heard much before. there are a few kinks for me to work out personally like the location of the certain pads but, all in all it wasn't too bad.

for me it was actually harder in a sense to play on the hard and medium levels, since i couldn't really get into a groove because tons of notes are missing.. you know what i mean?

professormike 11-20-2007 08:56 PM

can i just get the game and use my guitar hero guitar?

Grue 11-20-2007 09:26 PM

how do you "hit the notes" while singing? Someone expand on how this works. Also isn't playing bass pretty damn boring for most songs? Never really bothered with it in GH.

Edge34 11-20-2007 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can i just get the game and use my guitar hero guitar?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but then you'd have to play without drums.

I was at my local Best Buy at about 5 or 5:30 tonight and they had plenty of full sets left. I didn't get one because I can't justify the $170 right this minute, but I won't get the game without the full set.

MC Chris 11-20-2007 10:29 PM

yeah the bass is boring, even on expert. the bass in most popular rock songs is a complete joke anyway, which is sad because the bass is such a sick instrument.

vulturesrow 11-20-2007 10:59 PM

I'm too lazy to googletard, can someone tell me how the vocals work in this game?