Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   WPT should be sued (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=357853)

fourkingbs 03-18-2007 04:55 AM

WPT should be sued

Yesterday Ted Forrester won the Bay 101 WPT event. Then they were down to headsup JJ Liu who is very pregnant, started to have pains. She looks down and sees blood everywhere. Dan Alspach asked the WPT to stop the event, but they wouldn't and said if JJ left she would be disqualified. How sick is that.
So, she goes to the bathroom, cleans up and then comes back to play. She then went to hospital immediately after the tournament apparently.

edfurlong 03-18-2007 05:14 AM

Re: WPT should be sued

No clue if this is true, but...

[ QUOTE ]
So, she goes to the bathroom, cleans up and then comes back to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like she should be prosecuted.

effang 03-18-2007 05:17 AM

yeah, actually my friend is friends with jj liu, and said she was in really horrible condition.

i'm not sure what the reasoning behind this WPT event was. how difficult is it to postpone a friday event...to saturday? wtf? retarded.

given what my friend said, i really think she should have just pushed every hand PF, especially with her health 1.5-1 chip stack over forrest. if she's too sick to play, just get lucky once.

edfurlong 03-18-2007 05:25 AM

So the dude that won should stick around an extra day because some chick that could drop any day decided to play a poker tournament?

THEOSU 03-18-2007 05:30 AM

also, while they're at it, they should sue those bastards for holding a monopoly.

alphatmw 03-18-2007 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

also, while they're at it, they should sue those bastards for holding a monopoly.

[/ QUOTE ]we need to get some poker players to band together and make a lawsuit about this.

[Phill] 03-18-2007 05:54 AM

Thats pretty [censored] up.

What was Ted Forresters reaction during all this?

Dire 03-18-2007 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So the dude that won should stick around an extra day because some chick that could drop any day decided to play a poker tournament?

[/ QUOTE ]

bav 03-18-2007 06:37 AM

Chicks who are very pregnant shouldn't play in multi-day high-stakes poker events. Isn't that stunningly obvious? If it wasn't obvious before the tourney, it should be by now. And the WPT nor Ted Forrest are responsible for her physical well-being. She made the decision to take that risk. What's shocking isn't that WPT didn't postpone the event--what's shocking is that a poker player would risk her health and the life of the fetus to continue playing poker.

isapistola 03-18-2007 06:54 AM

bav, 100% agreed.

i would love to see OPs rational reasoning to take the womans side.