Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Preflop against a squeezing fslexcduck (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=479513)

Janis N. 08-17-2007 03:20 AM

Re: Preflop against a squeezing fslexcduck

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
call, shove any flop

[/ QUOTE ]
like this the best if button is likely to fold

[/ QUOTE ]I once posted a hand where I did that against a light 3-bettor and got universally berated for being a moron. Perhaps rightly so though, idk.

AcTiOnJaCsOn 08-17-2007 03:21 AM

it seems liek your to far ahead of her range to fold, if you feel like shed be loose enough to where youd commit to a top pair hand on the flop i flat call in position planning to shove some, but not any flop liek suggested above

LucidDream 08-17-2007 03:24 AM

well yea, not any flop. not K high flop or some a really drawy flop where she won't fold any pair if she flops something.

but push most flops.

TheWorstPlayer 08-17-2007 07:42 AM

i figured everyone knew her, but i guess not. she is very aggro and tough. runs around 29/25 or something like that preflop. first hand i really think is standard, i mean how often is she NOT betting that turn? I often have best hand and I often have 11 outs when I dont. no? in any case, i'm more interested in the second hand.

as it played out, i decided to call and shove any flop. what do people think? in actuality, flop came Jxx with a flush draw and i shoved over her 3/4 psb.

VPIP100 08-17-2007 07:51 AM

I shove this alot pre, im not a big fan of calling and shoving any flop.

PokerFink 08-17-2007 07:57 AM

I think shoving preflop and calling/shoving most flops are about the same here. Both are better than folding, imo. If you're folding this against her she's pretty much just going to crush you.

luegofuego 08-17-2007 08:00 AM

twp,

pretty sure she is NOT betting that turn a whole cheezload of times.

i dont like the AQo hand either. just let her have it until u get a better grasp of her ranges etc. if u do decide to play, i think a 4bet is better. also, if a very tough 30/25 has position on u and is determined to [censored] with u, its probably smartest to leave table right away. if u DO decide to stay, atleast pay attention to minimize damage. this is NOT how u beat annoying lags.

VPIP100 08-17-2007 08:01 AM

I think its different, if you call, flop an A and then shove the flop, TT-KK are all going to fold and AK/AA calls.

If you dont flop anything, and shove and get called, you only have 2 more cards to improve (vs QQ/KK etc) where as you shove preflop you have 5 cards. This makes your equity better if your behind, no?

TheWorstPlayer 08-17-2007 08:04 AM

I'm in position here, you know? And she was on every table. And I'll be damned if I'm leaving a table because of a girl. I even played her HU for a while despite that being a very bad idea for me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And I was paying attention. She is just tough, so I didn't/don't have a great read. But I dont understand why you say this is now how you beat annoying lags? I think this is exactly how you beat annoying lags. You think you beat them by folding AQ in position every time they squeeze?

luegofuego 08-17-2007 08:08 AM

does she squeeze every time? if that's the case, u should def 4bet. doubt she does tho. also i have a feeling that if she has 96o here, she will pretty much bet-call any pair vs that line. 4betting is just better.