Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Rockies Fans Are The Greatest Bandwagoners Of All Time (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521588)

DesertCat 10-12-2007 03:33 PM

Rockies Fans Are The Greatest Bandwagoners Of All Time

The Rockies couldn't draw more than 20,000 fans all season without the Yankees, Red Sox, free t shirt night or a "special fireworks" show.* Their total attendance for the year was 2.4M, only 28,000 per game ranking them 11th in the NL.

On September 20th, with only two weeks left, they finished a four game sweep the Dodgers to keep themselves in contention for the wild card. Barely 23,000 freakin fans showed up for this game in one of the most pathetic displays of fan support ever...

Now they proudly ride their streak of five (5!!!) straight sellouts and proclaim themselves the best baseball fans in the land!

The truth is that Rockies fans are as pathetic as Diamondbacks fans, they just ride their bandwagon harder. Why don't you guys support your team for more than a couple weeks before you get as self important and obnoxious as Sox/Yankees fan.

* Credit to Colin Cowherd.

MCS 10-12-2007 03:39 PM

Re: Rockies Fans Are The Greatest Bandwagoners Of All Time

I live in New York City and have not heard a single person talking about the Rockies. Where are all these boastful Rockies fans of which you speak?

And why are you offended that an ungodly hot team getting close to the World Series is getting more support than during the regular season?

mbillie1 10-12-2007 03:41 PM

wait, so they actually STFU when their team isn't doing anything meaningful? imagine if yankees and red sox fans would just do that!

http://www.savetibet.org/images/imag...acePicture.jpg

Wynton 10-12-2007 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I live in New York City and have not heard a single person talking about the Rockies. Where are all these boastful Rockies fans of which you speak?

And why are you offended that an ungodly hot team getting close to the World Series is getting more support than during the regular season?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check his location. He's bitter that his team gets criticized for having bad fans who don't sell out playoff games (or don't sell them out promptly, I hear).

kidcolin 10-12-2007 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a recipe for a bad post, my friend.

Vyse 10-12-2007 03:51 PM

This is relevant to what? And how?

DesertCat 10-12-2007 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Check his location. He's bitter that his team gets criticized for having bad fans who don't sell out playoff games (or don't sell them out promptly, I hear).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not bitter, our fan support ain't good either. I'm just not taking any crap about it from Rockies fans who just jumped on the wagon. If Sox fans or Yankees fans want to give DBacks fans grief for not supporting their team, I'll take it like a man.

DesertCat 10-12-2007 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a recipe for a bad post, my friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Colin may be a wanker, but he was spot on here...

chim17 10-12-2007 03:54 PM

Colin is way off base here. We haven't had a season for 10 years that we weren't last or second to last in record. However, we were always middle of the pack as far as attendance goes. Multiple seasons having more attendance than the Braves (as an example). We pulled 4 million when the team did well, but during a decade of being last or second to last people stopped showing up.

We've hashed over this in threads before but Denver fans don't financially support a team if they are not attempting to succeed (with the exception of the Broncos, but in the last 30 years.. even in the bad times.. its hard to say they weren't trying to win).

CORed 10-12-2007 03:54 PM

So what's wrong with not getting too excited about a team that has pretty much sucked hard until the middle of this season, and then getting excited when they finally not only stop sucking, but get really good?