Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   OK, so I don't play many limped pots. BB Special. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=239465)

bilbo-san 10-18-2006 03:27 PM

OK, so I don\'t play many limped pots. BB Special.

I raised the flop because this lame bet is so often a draw, but didn't pot it because I can get away from a turn club very easily with this marginal hand.

Villain has 22/10/3 stats over a too-small sample size, and I haven't seen his cards in any showdowns.

He has about $150 and I cover, and I have about $750 from stackin' donks, and that's all I am aware of in terms of my image in his eyes.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Bilbo is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, Bilbo checks.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($6, 3 players)
SB checks, Bilbo checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $2</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Bilbo raises to $7</font>, CO calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($20, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Bilbo bets $15</font>, CO calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($50, 2 players)
Bilbo checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $40</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Bilbo raises to $120</font>

Thoughts on all streets?

SABR42 10-18-2006 03:32 PM

Re: OK, so I don\'t play many limped pots. BB Special.

Flop and turn are good.

River sucks IMO.

I prefer leading river. As played, I'd call his bet. Does he ever pay off that raise with less than a straight? Also, 8-6 is in his range, so by raising you are setting yourself up for getting pwned.

forshure 10-18-2006 03:32 PM

I tend to just lead out in these spots, however I def like the c/r as its from some people any two when checked to there. I think the river c/r is sexy but I would guess he is only betting a missed draw there. I think I would bet b/c I think he checks behind too often w/ pairs, esp if he is the type that would call here light.

Paul Thomson 10-18-2006 03:38 PM

I like leading the river also. He'll check behind with a ton of hands.

monkeymaps 10-18-2006 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
But it did turn out to be sexy, maybe he POORLY misplayed a set ro something lol

Paul Thomson 10-18-2006 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
But it did turn out to be sexy, maybe he POORLY misplayed a set ro something lol

[/ QUOTE ]

The check raise is more sexy when you don't have anything and villain likely has a weak made hand. so it'd be SEXY with a missed flush draw.

monkeymaps 10-18-2006 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The check raise is more sexy when you don't have anything and villain likely has a weak made hand. so it'd be SEXY with a missed flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant villan could have just checked behind so this turned out sexy but could have been a lost oppertunity.

bilbo-san 10-18-2006 04:00 PM

All,

Most of you seem to be forgetting that a whiffed flush draw is a huge part of his range -- he bet $2 into a $6 pot on the flop and then just called the turn. Betting is pretty bad against a busted draw.

I checked to induce a bluff, but once he bet big, I thought that sets, 2pair, and other hands might be in his range, and pushed (effectively).

forshure 10-18-2006 04:08 PM

I think a FD is part of his range; however, I dont think it tends to be as large as you think, unless you have a specific read on him. I also think that he may just check behind w/ a flush draw. So the combination of times you have a pair check behind and also the times the FD checks behind makes leading better imo. I dont remember reading in op if you had him noted as bets when checks to but that obv makes it easy. Also if I checked here it is def w/ intention of c/ring.

Paul Thomson 10-18-2006 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Most of you seem to be forgetting that a whiffed flush draw is a huge part of his range -- he bet $2 into a $6 pot on the flop and then just called the turn. Betting is pretty bad against a busted draw.

I checked to induce a bluff, but once he bet big, I thought that sets, 2pair, and other hands might be in his range, and pushed (effectively).

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya. I knew what your thinking was. But I think most sets and 2pair hands reraise the flop or turn. So I think his range is more of missed flush draw or weak made hand whether it's an Ace or something else.